|90| Lena Thatcher, Seventh Year

Riley looked at Lena Thatcher as she sat a few seats away from her

Riley looked at Lena Thatcher as she sat a few seats away from her. She looked uncomfortable by all the looks she was getting.

With Dumbledore's command, food appeared on the table. The feast began.

"Why's she here?" asked Sirius whisperingly.

"Something is definitely off," said Lily. "We never get students who aren't first years."

"Maybe we should talk to her," said Marlene.

"She probably feels so uncomfortable," said Riley. "Everyone was practically staring at her."

"Hey!" called Sirius to Lena. She looked up. "Do you wanna sit with us?"

"Sure..." said Lena quietly. Remus moved closer to Sirius, Lena sat right beside him. She didn't say anything for a minute.

"Er — so, who are you?" asked Peter. Remus facepalmed.

"Lena Thatcher..." said the girl. "I came from Ilvermorny —"

"Why?" asked Mary.

"Because of... reasons," said Lena as she raised an eyebrow. She had an American accent, she continued to eat.

"How is Ilvermorny?" asked Lily. "I bet it's beautiful."

"Yeah, it was quite nice," said Lena. "We also had houses back there. Thunderbird, Pukwudgie, Horned Serpent, and Wampus. I was sorted into Wampus. It represents the body, favors warriors."

"So it's not a surprise that you ended up in Gryffindor!" said James proudly. "Us two are head boy and girl this year."

"Thatcher..." mumbled Sirius Black. "Sounds familiar."

"Why would it?" asked Lena quickly, rather nervously.

"I don't know," said Sirius. Riley frowned, looking at Lena suspiciously.

"Ignore the looks you're getting from them," said Remus. He slowly looked at the people who were staring at Lena. "They like to bully people. I'm Remus Lupin by the way."

Lena winced at the name. Riley raised an eyebrow.

"Are you all right?" she asked the girl. "You look... troubled."

"What's your name?" asked Lena.

"Riley Spade."

"Oh, nice to meet you."

***

Riley tried to catch Ralph after leaving the Great Hall. "Ralph!" she yelled but the boy didn't look back.

"Don't worry," said a girl behind her. It was Lena Thatcher. "He's probably just sad."

Riley unclenched her fist.

"Why would he be sad in the first place?" she asked with a fake smile.

"With all of the things on his mind these days," said Lena.