Chapter 33: End of the Red Lotus

Kai led everyone to a mountain range, the gorges between were deep as fog rolled out of it.

"The place where I saw them taking the airbenders is around here," Kai said

"That's got to be where they took Korra," Mako said

As they flew in deeper they came across a cave entrance that had five Air Nomads carved into the stone on the side of a mountain.

"That's it. Down there, Lefty," Kai said

Kai descends and Oogi follows, landing just before the entrance of the cave. The group dismounts, Tonraq and Bolin helping Tenzin down.

"Find the airbenders, and my family," Tenzin said

Suyin approached Tenzin. "Don't worry. I'm not coming out without our children and the rest of your people."

"Uncle Tenzin, I'm coming back with everyone. Dad, Aunt Kya, Aunt Pema, the kids, and all the airbenders," Chai said

Tenzin looks to his niece nodding his head. With that, everyone runs in, Tenzin watching on.

﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏﹏

The Air Benders all sat together in a small cavern, each of them chained to the floor. At the entrance stood two red lotus guards, their backs to the Air Benders. Jinora glanced at the guards then looked to Ikki nodding her head.

Ikki nodded back to her sister before throwing back her head crying out. "I'm thirsty!"

"I gotta go pee!" Meelo shouted

"Me too," Daw said

One of the Red Lotus guards turned around. "Hey! Keep it down over there, or you're all gonna end up like them." He said pointing at Kya and Bumi.

"Sir, please. We just ask for some water. There are children, and a baby here," Pema pleaded

The guard looks to his partner who just shrugs his shoulders. He pulled out a water skin and started walking over to the airbenders. When he was close enough Jinora sent up a gust of wind blowing the man's robes into his face which caused his keys to fly off his belt.

Meelo moves the keys with a bit of airbending, and they land in Opal's hands who quickly hides them.

The guard pushes his clothing back in place glaring at the airbenders.

"Oh, so you just called me over to attack me? Fine! Now nobody gets any water. I don't know how we ended up in daycare while everyone else gets to watch the Avatar being destroyed. I can hold a bowl of poison!"

Opal takes the keys back out and starts to unlock her cuffs. There's a soft click, and she smiles when her wrist is free.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!"

Opal gasped looking over her shoulder as the guard made his way over, but before the man could do anything a boulder flew out smashing into him.

The second guard turns to see all of Team Avatar in a makeshift tunnel. He attempts to earthbend sending up a few rocks, but Suyin steps forward throwing up a rock wall blocking them. Asami leaps over the wall and slides under the man, she grabs his arm forcing him to the ground before shocking him with her glove.

"Mom!" Opal cried

Suyin runs over hugging Opal. "Oh, honey, I'm so glad you're safe."

Bolin ran over pushing Suyin to hug Opal. "Me too."

"Guys!"

"Chai!"

Chai ran over hugging her cousins and Pema, then she looked for her father. She holds back a gasp when she sees him along with Kya in a poor state.