Chapter 30: Si Wong Desert

It was early morning, at daybreak when Korra, Chai, and Asami were loaded into an Earth Kingdom Airship. Since Korra was strapped down to the max she was being wheeled in on a dolly, while Asami was marched behind her. Chai however put up a wild fight, kicking and thrashing. She was mad on several different levels, especially since they had taken Dawn and put him in a small cage. Chai was proud when Dawn had a bit two of the men when they were grabbing him. Chai ended up with her ankles having to be shackled as well, and she was dragged to the airship.

"You have to let me out! The Earth Queen is in danger from a group of terrorists calling themselves the Red Lotus. I talked to one of them in the Spirit World yesterday. He's insane!" Korra exclaimed

The Captain of the ship just stared at Korra.

"Screaming about terrorists in the Spirit World? You're the one who sounds insane."

The girls were brought to an all-metal room within the airship. Korra's dolly was fastened into the wall, Chai was strung up like a piece of meat, and Asami was being shackled to the floor.

"Do I have to be chained to the floor the whole way? It's going to be sooo uncomfortable," Asami said in a rather sweet tone.

"Sorry Ma'am, I'm under orders."

"Can't you just chain me to that railing?" Asami gestures with her head. "I mean, where am I gonna go? Please?" She asked nicely, sticking out her bottom lip.

"Well, as long as you're chained up, I guess it doesn't make a difference."

He unchains Asami from the floor, locking her to the railing.

"Thank you, Sir," Asami said

"Can I have some water?" Korra asked

"No water. We're also not going to bring you any rocks or fire, so don't ask. I guess there's air, but there's nothing we can do about that. We're not opening your compartment 'till we reach Ba Sing Se."

Chai rolled her eyes as the man exited the room.

"I hoped Mako or Bolin would have shown up to save us by now. I wonder if they're okay," Korra said

The airship flew over the Si Wong Desert, nothing but sand for miles in every direction.

"We have to find a way to get out of this prison before we get to the Earth Queen," Korra said

"Don't worry, I have a plan. These airships the Cabbage Corp sold to the Earth Kingdom are way cheaper than the ones Future Industries built," Asami explained

Asami lifts her feet pressing them against the wall. She pushes forward grunting, the railing becomes loose before breaking off the wall. Asami jumps, bringing her hands under and in front of her.

"Now that's just shoddy workmanship." Asami walked over to Korra. "There's no way I can get these locks off. I need the keys."

"HMMHHH!" Chai shouted through her muzzle.

Asami looks her way and Chai uses her head to gesture down. Asami glances down and smiles at a panel on the floor. She uses the metal railing to pry it open.

"Give me five minutes, then start yelling for help," Asami said before crawling in.

"Guards! Get in here! Something happened to my friend. She needs help!" Korra yelled

The guard opens a slot in the door and peers in, he spots Korra and Chai, but no Asami.

"Where is she?"