Chapter 4 - Dark Spirits

After the banquet, Bolin, Mako, Korra, and Chai went out to enjoy more of the festival. Mako and Korra were giving one another goo-goo eyes as they fed each other with cotton candy.

While Bolin was put off by the cutesy display the couple was putting on, Chai stared at the two of them with an intense look in her eyes.

"You two are disgustingly cute and I love it," Chai said

The couple didn't react to Chai's words, whether they just didn't hear her or ignored her went unknown. Bolin frowned as he looked away but then his eyes widened when he spotted the twins Eska and Desna.

"Wish me luck. I'm making my move! Whee!"

Bolin ran off with a huge pep in his step.

"Good luck," Mako said

"She's gonna eat him alive and leave his soul for a late-night snack," Chai commented

"Those two have always creeped me out. They smell like a grandma's attic," Korra said

Bolin ran over to the twins making sure he was talking to Eska.

"Hey, I'm Bolin. I'm a friend of Korra's! You're, uh, Eska right? Wow, I'm just, I am loving these robes. So, you are from the north right? Cool, that's, like you know, that's my favorite direction."

"I think he is trying to establish some kind of bond with you based on your geographic point of origin," Desna said to his sister.

"Perhaps it would be interesting to spend time with a person whose ways are so rough and uncultured. You amuse me. I will make you mine," Eska said

Bolin gave a nervous smile. "You mean like a boyfriend, or like a slave?"

"Yes." Eska reached out and grabbed Bolin by the front of his jacket. "Win me prizes."

Bolin nervously laughed as Eska started to drag him off.

Since Bolin was in the clutches of Eska and Chai and vanished, Mako and Korra were left alone enjoying one of the booth games of the festival.

The two competed in a game where you squirt water into the mouth of a cut out that resembled a young cartoon version of the previous Avatar, Aang. When the bell of the game rang Mako missed his target while Korra missed as well, but unlike Mako who was just a bad shot she was missing because she was busy looking Mako's way.

"Unalaq offered to train me. He says he can teach me about the spirits and my connection to them," Korra said

"Sounds good. What does Tenzin think?" Mako asked

"Tenzin thinks I'm his prisoner or one of his kids. I'll never finish training with him in charge."

Korra grits her teeth in irritation and waterbends a large stream of water out of her squirt gun and into the target winning her the game.

"We have a winner!"

Korra is given her prize, a large stuffed plush sky bison.

"I mean, you heard what Unalaq said. The South is spiritually unbalanced and it's the Avatar's job to fix it, but my dad won't even let me think about Unalaq teaching me. Well?" Korra said

"Well, what?" Mako questioned

"What do you think I should do?" Korra asked

"I guess you should do what you think is right. I support whatever decision you make," Mako said

Korra rolled her eyes. "Oh, thanks. That's a big help."

"I thought you wanted me to be supportive? Now you want me to tell you what I think? Make up your mind!" Mako said