Chapter 20 - Razzle-dazzle

"Well, I guess we should just go to Ba Sing Se and try our luck there," Tenzin dejectedly said

"I don't know what to do. I just thought more people would be excited about coming with us," Korra said

"Well, maybe you gotta do more to get them excited. You need to add a little razzle-dazzle," Bumi said

"Yeah, razzle-dazzle! We could put on some sort of airbending street performance!" Bolin said

"I was gonna say we could cover Tenzin's robe in sequins, but that's even better!" Bumi said

"It sounds ridiculous, but it might work," Korra said

"I'm willing to try anything at this point," Tenzin said

"Yes! That is the kind of enthusiasm I like to hear!" Bolin said

"Can we still put sequences on your robes?" Chai asked

"No," Tenzin said

The airship docked at a large Earth Kingdom village. A crowd started to gather around as Bolin drew them in like a carnival barker.

"Come one, come all to witness The Amazing Airbenders! The airbending show that will leave you breathless...with wind! First up, the tattooed master himself, you know him as the son of Avatar Aang, he shaves every hair on his head, every single day!"

Tenzin threw off his cloak and shirt showing off his airbending master tattoos.

"It's the one, the only guy with an arrow pointing to his nose, Tenzin!" Bolin examined

Tenzin created a wheel of air and started zooming around the area mystifying the crowd as they watched in awe.

"Now, now, ladies and gentlemen, ladies and gentlemen, please be quiet. I have some serious news. We've heard that two escaped firebending convicts have been spotted near here. Now, I don't want to panic anyone, but if you see a male or female firebender with a red scarf-"

Mako stood amongst the crowd not at all looking enthused as he kept his arms crossed. Chai was right next to him, and she had taken his scarf and wrapped it around his head like a mask so only her eyes were shown.

When she heard their cue, Chai grabbed Mako and started pulling him forward.

"I see them! They're right there!" Someone shouted

"We are the escaped convicts, and you will all reap my fire."

Mako spoke in a blase manner, no hint of emotion in his words.

He lifted his hand letting out a small puff of fire into the air causing the crowd to gasp.

Chai put her hands on her hips standing proudly.

"You heard my partner in crime! We're criminals so no one tells us what to do! Just try and stop us!"

Chai threw head back as she laughed loudly. She lowered Mako's scarf and sucked in some air puffing her cheeks, then blew a large stream of fire into the sky causing the crowd to gasp even louder.

"Oh no! Who will help us?" Bolin cried out

"I will. With my airbending skills!" Korra declared

She makes a tornado of air catching Chai and Mako. Mako shouted, panic in his voice as he and Chai were lifted high off the ground.

"Ah! Hey!" Mako shouted

Chai on the other hand was laughing as she wrapped her arms around Mako's shoulders.