Chapter 2 - "Yay!"

Chai kept her word and stuck with Mako, and the firebender knew it too seeing as Chai kept a firm hold in the back of his shirt.

The two finally arrived back at the car where Chai's attendants were waiting.

"Hello, my lovely attendants. Tait and Qui." Chai greeted

Mako raised a brow glancing back at the Princess.

The tallest of the two, Qui stepped forward.

"Hello, Princess, did you have fun? What did you find on this venture?"

"A lovely necklace. I also picked up a little something special." Chai smiled holding up a box.

"That sounds nice Princess," Qui said

"All right I've derailed us enough let's get this show on the road!" Chai said

The two attendants got in the car and Chai was about to follow suit but paused when she saw the incredulous look on Mako's face.

"Something wrong Mako?" Chai asked

"No, just...the way you treat them?" Mako questioned

Chai looked at Mako confused. "Is there something wrong with the way I treat them?"

"No, your just so casual and nice to them," Mako said

"To who? My attendants? Of course, I am. Just because they serve my family doesn't mean they're beneath me. Their people just like you and I," Chai said

Mako soaked the girl's words. He'd always thought royals would think of themselves as above others, but Chai seemed to be breaking all his preconceived notions he had.

"Now come on Mako lets go," Chai said

"Right."

The firebender walked over to the car and opened the door holding it out for Chai.

She smiled in delight. "Why thank you, kind sir. Your chivalry is greatly appreciated."

Chai giggled as Mako felt the side of his lips twitch ever so slightly. Chai only managed to get one foot into the car when a loud commotion from her left caused her to pause. She turned her attention out to the streets and Mako did so as well.

"Help! Someone please!"

An old man cried out, his fallen form trying to scramble up from the ground he had been knocked to. Two men, large hulking men, bore smirks as they ran off each one holding a large bag in their hands.

Mako glared seeing the two thieves run off with stolen goods, clicking his tongue at the pure idiocracy of the two committing a crime in broad daylight.

"Princess stay here I-"

Mako looked to Chai, but of course, she was gone. He looked back towards the robbers and almost choked when he saw Chai chasing after them. The princes booking it down the street, with the bottom of her dress bunched up to her knees, so she can go faster.

"Chai!" Mako shouted

He slammed the car door shut and took off after the three.

"Excuse me! Pardon me!"

Chai loudly apologized as she swiftly dodges everyone in the streets keeping up with the thugs. It wasn't too hard for the girl considering the thugs were just plowing down anyone and anything that was in their way. But Chai did have to jump over a few fallen people, apologizing as she did so.

The thugs turned a corner going to an alleyway and not a moment later Chai was rounding the corner as well.

"Hey!"