Chapter 14 - Harmonic Convergence

"Good morning my wonderful father!" Chai let out a yawn stretching her arms above her head.

"Morning my lovely little glowing fire Princess," Bumi greeted

The man was sitting on the ground resting his back against the Oogi. Chai takes a seat next to her father leaning against Oogi and the man.

Bumi smiles softly patting Chai's head before pulling out a flute. He starts to play some soothing music as Tenzin and Korra come out to start some target practice. Mako had come out as well, standing more towards the front of the ship watching Korra. He watched for a while before Bolin walked over wearing a purple coat and eating a slice of pie.

"What's up with the coat? And where did you get that pie?" Mako asked

"It's a Varrick ship, you never know what you're gonna find. There's a whole level filled with fun-house mirrors. Of course, there's also the catgator deck." Bolin turns showing a hole in his coat and pants exposing his underwear. "I miss that guy, he really knew how to make a long trip interesting. So, have you told Korra yet about how you guys broke up, and you kinda started dating Asami while she was off getting attacked by dark spirits?"

"Will you keep it down? I'm waiting for the right moment," Mako said

"Oh Mako, you know a wise man once told me that delivering bad news to a girlfriend was like ripping off a blood-sucking leech, you just have to do it fast and get it over with," Bolin said

"I hate it when you listen to me. Fine!" Mako said

He looked to Korra and Tenzin but then his eyes drifted over to Chai. She looked rather peaceful sitting with her father, a gentle smile on her face. The tranquil sight brought a small smile to Mako's lips, that is until Chai looked Mako's way.

Her calm expression quickly contorts to one of anger, she gives Mako the stink eye before turning her head causing Mako to frown.

"Wow, and you even got Chai upset with you huh? Man you are in a lot of trouble," Bolin said

"Thank you, Bolin," Mako said sarcastically.

Korra let out several grunts as she sent air blasts at a dummy.

"Unalaq will be waiting for you. You'll need all of your Avatar power to stop him," Tenzin said

"I'm going to close the spirit portals, lock Vaatu in for another ten thousand years, and make Unalaq wish he'd never been born," Korra said

Korra sends a blast of fire at the dummy decapitating it. The charred head of the dummy rolls across the deck and lands at Mako's feet. He looks down at the dummy eyes wide and a worried expression on his face.

He picks up the dummy head as Korra walked over. Without saying a word he hands it over to Korra.

"Thanks, Mako," Korra said

"Uh..." Mako opens his mouth but then quickly looks away putting a hand on his chin. "Um..."

"Did you want something?" Korra asked

"Uh no, no, nothing," Mako said

When Korra walked off he sighed facepalming. Bolin slides up next to his brother with a rather smug smile on his face.

A door leading to the lower deck opens and Kya steps out.

"As soon as we reach the Southern Water Tribe, we'll blast through the blockade at the main portal. Then we can rendezvous with Tonraq and his troops, crash through the defenses around the portal, and enter the Spirit World," Tenzin said

"Woah! Since when does my little brother wanna crash or blast through anything?" Kya said

"I kind of like this crazy Uncle Tenzin," Chai said