Chapter 23 - Sun Bending

When night fell the team made their move. Two palace guards walked around a coroner, doing their daily patrol, but they paused when they came across Jinora.

"Hi," Jinora greeted

"Hey! What are you doing here?"

"Oh, it's just that little airbender girl who came with the Avatar. You shouldn't be walking around here all alone."

Jinora pointed behind the two guards. "I'm not alone."

The two turned around to only be met with the Tenzin, Bumi, Mako, Korra, Chai, and Bolin, all in fighting stances.

The two guards were easily taken care of and tied up, left knocked out leaning against a wall. The group snuck their way inside the compound avoiding the guards within.

"Bumi and Korra, come with me to find the airbenders. You four, find Kai. We'll meet on the surface shortly. Radio us if anything goes wrong," Tenzin said

Jinora took the lead, bringing Mako, Chai, and Bolin right to Kai's jail cell. Mako opened the cell and everyone was relieved to see Kai.

"Come on. We're getting you out," Mako said

"Kai!"

Jinora runs to him and wrapping her arms around Kai in a hug, then gives a quick kiss on his cheek. A goofy smile broke out on Kai's face as he blushed.

"Whoa! Tenzin's not gonna be happy about this!" Bolin said

"Then don't tell him," Mako said

"How can I not? This is too juicy!" Bolin said

"Thanks for coming to get me. I'm really sorry about stealing your wallets, and running away, and getting you stuck on that train," Kai apologized

"Oh! We can't stay mad at you," Bolin said giving Kai a hug.

"Yes, we can! I had a lot of money in that wallet!" Mako said

"Kai I'm glad you're okay." Chai smiles before grabbing Kai's ear.

"Ow! Ow!" Kai hissed

"Next time you run off I'm going to handcuff you to me. Got it?" Chai said

"Yes ma'am!" Kai said

"Good." Chai let go of Kai then gave him a hug.

"Guys, come on!" Jinora said

They run down the hall and turn a corner towards the exit, but find that their path is blocked by three Dai Li agents.

"Deserting Her Majesty's army is high treason. Punishable by death!"

The three men metal bend their gloves at the group.

Mako, Bolin, and Chai moved each using their bending to counter the Dai Li. Bolin sent one of the large stone sidings off the wall into a man knocking him out.

One of the agents ran across the wall and jumped at the three earth bending a boulder at them.

Chai slid forward and put her hands up catching the rock, spinning to keep the momentum up and lessen the impact of the rock. Everyone's eyes widen but not because she had caught the stone but because of how her hands looked. Her hands were now glowing, the skin was a bright molten orange like they were modeled out of fire. The rock in her hand was quickly heated up and started melting in her grip.

"Haa!" Chai shouted, spinning around and throwing the rock back.

It struck the ground before one of the Dai Li letting out a fiery blast that knocked the man back and into a wall.