Chapter 39: A Bit Stressed

They'll be fine.

Chai was known for many things within the Fire Nation. The Princess and future Fire Lady. A rambunctious ball of chaotic energy. A bit mischievous. Kind and loyal.

She was also known as being unflappable. Nothing seemed to phase the girl. Sudden ability to fire bender, no problem. Meeting a dream dragon who guided her to a real dragon egg, a piece of cake.

So it was rather worrisome to the young princess so frothed up with anxiety.

"She's going to create a hole in the carpet," Zuko said.

"Better than her burning it...again." Izumi sighed at the sight of their granddaughter (great-granddaughter to Zuko) pacing up and down in the hotel room.

She returned to her grandparents after her venture with Mako and Wu. At first, she appeared calm, normal. That is until she passed by a group of Kuvira supporters, parading around the hotel. It took her from 0 to 100.

"I've never seen her like this before. It's rather unsettling. Who knew I'd miss seeing her climb drapery," Zuko said.

Chai loved (and still does) to climb things. When she was younger she had a habit of climbing anything she could get purchase on. Tables, statues, ornate tapestry that was strung up. She had built excellent climbing skills, but would often give her family and the palace staff a fright when they found a child hanging nine feet off the floor clinging to a set of curtains.

"She needs to take her mind off of this," Izumi said.

"But what?"

Izumi gave a thoughtful hum placing a hand on her chin. "I heard that Tenzin is sending his children out in hopes to find Korra."

"He's sending them out alone?" Zuko questioned.

"Chai was younger when she went out with her father."

"You mean when she snuck onto his ship in his trunk?" Zuko corrected.

Izumi ignored her father's comment. "Maybe sending Chai with them could help?"

There was a crash causing Izumi and Zuko to quickly turn around. Chai had tripped over a planter, dirt and flowers now on the floor. She gave a sheepish smile scooping the dirt and trampled flowers up with her bare hands to put it back into the planter that now had a large crack in it.

"Well..." Zuko said slowly. "It couldn't hurt ."

ᗷᑌᖇᑎIᑎG ᗷᖇIGᕼT

Chai knocked her knuckles against the wood door. She rocked back and forth on her heels, hands folded behind her back. She nervously messed with her fingers, something to do with her anxious energy.

A few moments later the door was opened and there came Mako. He appeared surprised by the appearance of his girlfriend. "Chai hey, what's up?" Mako asked, stepping out the door.

"Heeeey Mako sooooo, I'm going to be going on a little trip."

"Trip? What? Why? Where are you going?" Mako asked in rapid succession.

Chai chuckled with an awkward sound. The smile didn't reach her eyes. "Tenzin is sending Meelo, Ikki, and Jinora to find Korra and I'm tagging along. After Kuvira's little address during Wu's coronation, tensions are really high and Tenzin believes we're going to need Korra and I agree too. Also, my grandparents think it'd be best if I get out and away from all the Kuvira stuff."