Chapter Thirty-one: Kung Food: Part One

♧♢Third P. O. V.♧♢

The holder and the kwami stares at each other to avoid their opponents from predicting their moves until Mirva moves a piece without taking her eyes off of (Name)'s. "Checkmate."

(Name) in disbelief looks down on the board to see her get defeated for the 10th time this day causing her to let out a groan and slam her head on the table. "How are you so good at this? Did you even get a teacher for this stuff?"

"I'm older so I get to improve my skills longer than you and there once was a noble, a boy who my holder knew in the past when queen Victoria was still in throne. He loves playing chess and when he found out that what I was, he kept challenging me everytime my holder visits me and that's how I enhanced my knowledge of this game."

"So are you saying the only way I can beat you is to be billion years old and beat a noble boy who is also a chess enthusiast?" The girl looks up and sits up straight.

"Maybe."

"What do you mean maybe? And what's the name of the boy anyways?"

"A young company owner, his name is Cie-" Mirva gets interuppted by (Name)'s phone ringing so she hides to the satchel while the girl answers the phone.

"Hello? Adrien?"

"Uh, hi, (Name). Do you mind if I pick you up next two minutes?"

"What for?"

"Do you?"

"As long as you don't kidnap me and sell my organs for the black market then it's a no, I don't mind." (Name) says picking up the scatchel where Mirva is in.

"Got it! And for the record, I won't kidnap you just to sell you... okay see ya!" And then he hangs up leaving the girl to pounder what he meant.

=====

(Name) seats beside Adrien on his limousine with a confused expression wondering why she's here. "Okay, where are we going?"

"Somewhere."

"And where is that somewhere?"

"Marinette's. We're going to be her translator for her Chinese uncle."

"I don't know Chinese... I foolishly refused to learn it since I don't know what to use it for."

Adrien starts to list. "You can use it for helping your friends in situation like Marinette's, knowing what to ask when you're in a Chinese speaking area, escaping your obsessed Chinese lover who decided to take you to China for some reason, etc..."

"Yeah well, I didn't expect to use it in those kinds of way. Okay, since you know I am of no use, can you please kindly drop me off to a place with ice cream and cakes?" (Name) asks hopefully, wanting to eat sweet treats right now to make her feel better about the game she feels bitter of.

"No."

"No?"

"Yes, no."

"Yes or no?"

"No. I don't care if you don't know, I'm still taking you with me and I assure you it'll be fun."

"I'm gonna repeat that in a mocking way when something bad happens."

"You're welcome to and... we've arrived at the Dupain-Cheng Bakery. Let's go greet our lovely classmate with smiles on our faces. (Name) smile and stop being bitter, it's like you lost a game of chess or something." Adrien says smiling at the girl and pulls her out of the limo.

On the Dupain-Cheng family sofa, Marinette sits uncomfortably with Wang Cheng, awaiting Alya's help, when the doorbell rings, and Marinette runs to answer it.