Chapter 50 - Christina

Christina.

Calling Baby Bro...

Chinno: Ate.
Chris: Chinno... where are you? Bakit ang ingay?
Chinno: Tambay lang Ate... I'm busy. Call me later 'kay?
Chris: Chinno this is important. Can you get away from the noise?
Chinno: Ate, please. I'm busy.
Chris: You have been ignoring me since November! You weren't answering my Skype Calls and my e-mails! If you're mad at me then tell me.

"Baby who's that?" a girl on the other line asked. "Si Ate Chris. I have to go home... hindi ako titigilan ni Ate. I'll see you tomorrow."

Chris: Who was that? Was that... Pammy?
Chinno: Ate! *sigh* Call me after 10 minutes, uwi na ko.
Chris: Okay... do take care. Call you at tea time.
Chinno: Enough with the British accent Ate! Tagalog nalang! Bye.

He's still mad at me and I can't blame him. Kasalanan ko talaga. If I wasn't such a spoiled brat then, eveything would've been different. I really don't know what to say... I don't know if I have to say sorry to him for what happened. I was really the one to blame, it was my fault.

Funny how coincidence bites. My brother fell in love with Pammy... kapatid... kapatid ng lalaking minahal ko ng sobra sobra.

I was lonely nung mga oras mag-isa ako dito. It was the first time that I wasn't with my family and that kind of sadness ate me alive. I wanted Iñigo to be with me dahil siya lang ang kailangan ko pero ayaw niya dahil they simply can't afford it. So I asked my dad to bring Iñigo to London and be with me kapalit ng matataas na grades at working for the company we owned. I actually agreed in my dad's condition kahit nasa design school ako na hindi related sa kahit anong gagawin ko sa kumpanya. I agreed just to be with Iñigo. Pero hanggang sa kahuli-hulihang subok to convice him to be with me, he turned me down. Hindi niya daw kayang iwan ang dalawang taong mahalaga pa sa buhay niya and so I was devastated.

God knows how much I tried to understand the situation, to know where he was coming from. Na baka nga naman mas kailangan siya ng dad at kapatid niya more than I needed him. But even if I understand and even if I let things be, I cant't help but to think that I was his least priority.

And so I met James in a coffee shop near my school. He's sweet, caring and treated me like a Princess. He always finds time for me in spite of being busy as a young tax attorney.

I fell for him and left Iñigo which made him hate me. But I don't have any regrets when I chose James over the love I left. James and I were happy for the last 3 years that we were together. I never doubted my feelings for James until that day in mid October of last year.

I'm home Ate. Call me.

A message from my little bro. I felt a sudden urge to ask him what happened. I wanted to ask him how he coped with longing for a person that he loves. I just want to know if he's okay even if I'm even if I'm almost 5 months late.

Chris: Hello Chinno?

Chinno: What's up? May kailangan ka?

It was awkward and I know he's still hurting.

Chris: Wala lang.. graduation is coming and nakapili ka na ng school?

Chinno: Wala pa, I'm still undecided pero baka FEU or UST. Dad's asking me if I wanted to study somewhere else. I'm fine here kaya no need for that.

Chris: Are you sure? How about in the States with Kuya Ian? Or in Boston perhaps? Alam mo na siguro ang ibig kong sabihin.

Natigilan siya and I know he got my message.