Chapter 5

Image above is mine! Do you like it?

!PLEASE VOTE THE CHAPTER! 

Sometimes the decisions we make in life, even the smallest, or the microscopic ones, begin to build a predestined path that zigzags through the forest of life and leads us to a precise destination, to a final stop.

Chance had led me to go to that bar that evening, or better, Tiziano and Makena had dragged me. First, I had freed myself from the shift in the hospital, afterwards I had decided not to stay at home with Amaia who refused to join us, and, I had agreed to lend my phone to a random friend of Makena's, that Ludmilla girl who could have asked thousands of other people in the bar.

And here I am, in the darkness of my room, on the verge of falling asleep, when the infernal machine called a cell phone beeped.

With a frown, I pondered whether it was worth the effort to check who had written to me at that absurd time or re-immerse myself in my soft lilac-smelling pillow. Tomorrow would be one of those endless days, with a crazy shift in the hospital, a study session, and some volunteering at the children's center. Plus, it could not be a family emergency; they would have mind-linked me if something had happened. 

Thus, I decided that my sleep was more important and, with a blissful smile, I let myself be enveloped by the pleasure of my blankets that cuddled me. Sleep was involved in the healing and repair of the heart and blood vessels, and I certainly would not let a message interfere with that fundamental phase.

As I was about to fall asleep, my traitorous phone beeped again, for the second time, indicating another text.

Grabbing it too hard, I cracked the screen slightly. The strength of the werewolves, particularly the werewolves descended from alphas and betas, was too much to bear for futile human devices.

"Oh great," I growled as I rubbed my groggy face. I pushed myself up so my back leaned against the headboard. My fluffy blanket rested on my lap.

Once I unlocked the screen, I realized that the number from which I received the unwanted message was not in my contacts.

Raising an eyebrow, a hint of curiosity joined the annoyance. I swiftly moved my fingers to open the first of the two messages.

As my slow foggy mind absorbed what was written, I flinched. 

Unknown: 'Is this another number? Baby, I don't have time to see you. And If I had, I wouldn't anyway.'

Astonished, I checked the second message, realizing it came from the same person.

I stared at it in disgust and I refused to repeat what was written... Some references to a part of his body, and 'my' poor handling skills.

What a rude, insolent, impolite person.

This personage had obviously contacted the wrong number. Or, perhaps, was it some kind of bad joke? Was I missing something here?

I was fairly sure I had not done any "service" to anyone, so these messages were not meant to me.

A light bulb went on in my head. It must have been the boy Ludmilla had sent a message to. 

I quickly scanned the conversation with this vulgar animal and noticed that the only messages present were the two he had sent me recently. No trace of Ludmilla's...

She must have deleted them, for some reason. Not that I was going to read her texts.

While I couldn't be one hundred percent sure this was the guy she texted from my phone, the odds were pretty high.