Chapter 21

AN/ Happy Sunday! Here you go loves!! ;) 

Vote vote vote!!!

~~~~

The "Terminator" in the picture above ;) do you like him?

Would you have chosen differently? If so, who?

~~~~

Meeting your soul mate was compared to a walk on the moon. Indescribable, otherworldly, lack of sounds around, and just like floating, without gravity.

Most of the young werewolves considered finding their mates equivalent to a forced marriage. Forced by the Moon Goddess.

All our lives, people had chanted about the magic and unique sparks you would experience. How you would no longer be alone, how the feeling of completeness gushed just from a look in your mate's eyes.

How the first touch would set you on fire, how, from that moment on, your heart would stop belonging to you, how it will beat depending on the actions of your other half.

Our generation of werewolves was too busy with modernity and everything that came with it to spend time fantasizing about their own soulmates.

As a child, I never speculated on how I would meet my other half. But the options out there weren't for me.

Him saving me from a group of rogues in the middle of the dark woods? Too medieval.

Meet by chance in a political meeting for an alliance between packs? Already used by my parents.

Him and me colliding, and he, with his wolf skills prevents me from falling, by catching me in an instant, and when we look into each other's eyes, we know it, and we will we love each other forever? Only in a romantic werewolf novel on some reading apps.

Me and him who have known each other for a lifetime, since we were children, and then we realize that we were mates right after shifting? Too fairy-tale, and already taken by my dear friend Aur.

Him and me meeting in the hallway of a high school or campus? Most likely the option that was happening for the most part out there.

Not for me though.

No.

The way I met my mate was unique to say the least and perhaps special in its twisted way. When someone asks me how I met the love of my life I never know what to answer ... but we'll get to that later.

What I remember indelibly is the day I crossed my eyes with his for the very first time. The first time my lungs filled up with that scent.

I'll never forget it.

Well, it all started on a day like any other, a few days after my first date with Alex. I had woken up and had breakfast with my roommates, as per usual, in our nice routine.

I went to a couple of classes and then had lunch with Lachlan, listening to all of his new super wereball tactics and his new psycho training. Apparently, my always-confident brother had felt the need for a tougher (and insane) practice for some alien reasons.

"A spy told me that the Dark Diamond trains twice as much as we do in Comet," He had grunted with a stressed look as he finished his second plate of lasagna.

And here was the explanation for his new madness.

"That maroon, even if he was a fraud player, is apparently a good captain and his team is happy with his crazy training practices"

Noticing the pressure that was starting to pay off on my brother, I decided to go with him to a Wereball event going on that same day, in the afternoon.