Chapter 6

What should I say? 

I crawled uncomfortably onto the bed, staring at the phone vibrating on my hand.

'Good evening?'

'What can I do for you?'

'Yvaine speaking?'

At that moment I hated Ludmilla for putting me in this position. I had to remember to warn Makena about her strange friend. For a moment, I thought of turning down the call, wondering why I was so undecided about a perfect stranger.

For some mysterious reasons, probably the lack of attention from the male population.

Being the daughter of the Alpha and the twin of the future Alpha and captain of the wereball, with 4 overprotective Scottish uncles bigger than most werewolves of my age, most of the opposite sex were just too scared, intimidated or thought it wasn't worth asking me out if they had to face the men in my family. Considering the huge amount of fish, shellfish and shrimp in the sea, according to them, they will simply move to the next girl available.

I pressed the green button to accept the call.

"Yeah?'' I blurted out.

Well done, Yvaine. Way to go. I thought sarcastically as I rubbed my hand against my tight in an attempt to get rid of my unnecessary nerves.

"So, after all, you didn't block my number."

The huskiest voice in the world replied. There was something about it ... I couldn't put a finger on it.

It hypnotised me like a snake with a mouse and pulled the string in my heart. I remained completely still.

"Hello? Are you there, baby?"

The "baby" infuriated me and made me emerge from that strange bubble of fog I had fallen into. Then he chuckled, deeply and hoarsely, and I felt another wave of weirdness pass through my body.

What was that!? Had anyone put something in my drink, back at the bar?

"I guess your stupid acting ended the moment you heard me. Am I right?" The stranger mused.

His arrogance and conceit had slapped my ego and I quickly recovered from the shock as I narrowed my eyes.

"I should have known." He sighted "But baby, I told you I don't want to see you anymore, at least for the next couple of weeks...maybe after that, I'd give you a call, ok?"

Again, with the baby. This boy probably had a list of 'baby' on his phone book.

Baby 1, baby 2, baby 3 and so on. All girls, of course. Naïve and hopeless.

"Who the hell do you think you are?" I snapped indignantly as I scrunched my face in disgust. This person was the definition of rudeness with an ego larger than my packhouse.

"Yes, I heard all the impudence and no, I was about to block your number, but the bad luck wanted you to call right at that moment. So, what do you want?" Considering ending the call as it was already 3am and I had 5 hours of sleep left, I pursed my lips waiting for his answer....

A reply that never came.

Was he still there?

I smirked. Maybe he didn't know how to answer and he felt mortified by his vulgar messages ... I checked the phone to see if he had dropped the call.

"Hello? Are you still there? So, why did you call me? I don't want to talk to you. And I don't know what Ludmilla saw in you. How can you talk to a girl like that? I should really talk to your mother about your manners."