Chapter 32

AN/ Here you go loves!

What's your fav costume for Halloween?? :D

~~~

'SOMEONE' POV

Why did there have to be so many types of teas? And above all, who was buying or was even bothered to check them all?

I had been staring at the shelf of 'dirty hot water' for at least 5 minutes, with a piece of paper in my hand and a shopping cart full of everything else I needed.

"Here," I looked up to find a woman standing beside me, handing me a chamomile box. I noticed that the brand and name matched those on the piece of paper I would soon destroy with pleasure.

"Thank you" I replied with a lazy smile. "I was lost for a moment here."

She giggled and when I turned back to her, I thought she had exposed more skin. Not that I watched.

"I'm Paula," she smiled, extending a hand to me. I looked at her hand then back at her.

Probably in her thirties, she had a body that screamed use me and a sultry smile that invited you straight to her home.

"And you already know who I am," I stated, shaking her hand. Her confidence faltered a bit, and I felt her hand tremble.

I was used to that reaction. Not that I wanted to or were bothered by it. It was what it was.

I placed the tea box on the pile of food overflowing the shopping cart. That day it was my turn to supply the liar with food. Most were ordered online, at least what could be stored, but fresh produce such as meat and fish and more meat had to be bought weekly.

"Your girlfriend must be lucky that you are so thoughtful. And she has beautiful handwriting. "

Great way to investigate, Paula girl. Clearly, she had peeked at the paper I was holding.

"It's actually for my sister, she has cramps." I said, pushing the shopping cart in front of me. I walked to the cash register with her on my tail.

"Oh, poor thing. How's her season going?"

I felt her eyes on my bare arms. Again, nothing new.

The spot where I perceived the most glances, though they were just a pair of arms.

Paula continued chatting and without doing it on purpose I missed half of it.

After she passed all the products through a scanner, I handed her my card, but she shook her head.

"Don't worry about it. It's on me, this time." She purred though she averted her eyes as soon as I looked down at her.

Free shopping. Sweet

I chuckled internally.

That was the third time in a month. At first, I had insisted that I wanted to pay for the food but then why would I have to force it too much? They seemed to be offended when I did.

My friends could not believe it, when I had refused their share of the food payment at first. Unfortunately, they got used to it and tried to find excuses for me to go to the supermarket instead of them.

Lazy fuckers.

There may have been some other little things here and there...

The girl who worked at the faculty cafe insisted on offering me my daily cup of black coffee, while Liam and Callum had to pay for theirs, and sometimes Liam was charged double; the nice old couple that always refused to return my laundry if I didn't take back my cash, just because I helped them unload their truck once or twice; then there was the getting away with parking tickets because the lads were ex wereball's players. Since the sink in our apartment broke, the plumber became friendly and said it was on him after the wereball chat and photo we took for his son.