Chapter 7

As I floated in the land between sleep and awakening, I realized there were movements beside me and a rasping breath. Opening one eye, I found myself in front of the curious and hairy face of Plutos, my pet.

"Hey P" I yawned, stretching like a wolf, and stroking his soft head currently placed on my stomach.

The incident with the annoyingly hoarse voice that I had renamed Rudolph would simply have been a tiny event that belonged to the past, which I will never, ever repeat. It will always be a reminder of how sad my sense of humor can be. Who rename someone Rudolph for being rude? As well as a warning not to lend your phone randomly. On top of that, a clear note to find some time to date more guys, considering the effect my body had after some unwanted attention from the opposite sex. And from a voice, not even a real person.

Last night, declaring that I needed to sleep, I abruptly saluted the unclassified specimen on the other line, or better, speci-voice, dropped the call and proceeded to block his number.

The person learned my name and could be a psychopath as far as I was concerned. Besides, there was no reason for us to speak ever again... even though I had never felt this way about a voice.

'Exactly, a voice!'

Funny how our minds and social conventions sometimes worked.

If someone possessed good looks, they could never, ever be considered creepy whenever they approached you, regardless of what their tongues produced, regardless of what they said to you. At a time, when the person in question was short and ugly, he was then labeled as creepy and placed in the stalker category.

To give an example, if Hugh Jackman appeared in front of you and murmured "hey baby" with a wink, the female reaction would be quite different from a "hey baby" coming from the cashier in your neighbourhood supermarket, with oily hair, pimples and braces.

Luckily for me, I had not seen the face behind that mystery voice. Goddess knew who the owner of such a voice looked like.

When my phone beeped, a little anticipation swirled inside me and Plutos pricked up his ears, as if he felt some kind of connection with my internal turmoil.

'Morning Bunny. Nice talking to you yesterday ;) What are you doing now besides thinking of me?'

With a sigh, I began typing with a wave of annoyance and amusement.

'Morning. None of your business, Rudolph.' After hitting 'sent', I started typing a second message, and I could not help the treacherous smile that slowly rose to my lips.

'Go pestered other girls.'

His response was almost immediate, and my impatience startled me.

'I don't "pester". I usually get pestered. '

In fact, I did mention I blocked his number, but then the dude ended up sending me a message from a different number. So, I had turned off the phone ... until this morning.

'If by" being pestered" you mean flying from flower to flower letting those flowers fall for you, yes, sure, you're being pestered'

Why am I even doing this?

'Beautiful metaphor! In fact, I do like all kinds of flowers. They all smell good, or for the most part, and come in so many varieties. I bet your flowers smell amazing'

'Back to the perverted jokes? So early in the morning? Wow '

'It wasn't a joke. I like flowers and I was paying you a compliment, damn Ivy accepts one from time to time or maybe you're not used to receiving them that you don't even recognize one?'