Chapter 46

Hey,

Michelle Gomez is back as Missy! Exciting times lie ahead for us whovians!! I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 46 Clara's POV

I walked into Lauren's classroom and picked up Ellie and my stuff. I said thanks to Lauren and said I would come and say bye later. I went outside and walked with Olivia to a free classroom.

"So, Liv, this is my daughter Ellie," I said sitting down in the room and setting Ellie on my lap. "She's beautiful," Olivia said. I smiled, "She has her moments. Do you want to hold her?" I asked trying to relax her a bit. She nodded, "Yes please. Um, Miss, what's her name?" she asked. I smiled, "Eleanor Amelia, yet I call her Ellie. Eleanor after my mum, and Lily chose Amelia," I explained passing her over. "It's a lovely name," Olivia said. I smiled, "So, what's up?" I asked her.

This seemed a big question for her. I told her to take her time, I had ages. "It started at the end of last term when my mum died. She was the main supporter of our family. My dad died shortly after my brother Max was born. I was only 2, so I don't remember him. My mum remarried when I was 6, I don't really like my step-dad, I never have. But since my mum died, I've had to look after my brother. Until he was taken away. My step-dad sent him away, and now it's just us. I hate it," she said. She was crying now. I took Ellie from her and put her in her car seat before comforting Olivia. "Does your dad hit you?" I asked nervously. Liv remained silent. "Olivia. Does your step-dad hit you?" I repeated and waited a while until she nodded slightly.

This news came as a big shock to me. I had no idea how to deal with this. I sat with Olivia until she was ready to talk again. "What do you want to do about it?" I asked her softly. She was only 12 after all. She shrugged her shoulders. "Should we tell the head? Or the police?" I asked her. She nodded and I sprung into action.

"Right, Liv, come with me. I am going to leave Ellie with Miss O'Connor, and we are going to help you," I said gathering up my stuff. "But what about lessons? They start in five minutes," Olivia said wiping her tears away. "Well, Ellie will just have to learn music then won't she," I said with a smile. "I'm supposed to have music next," Liv said. I smiled, "The rest of the class can meet Ellie then. You've already had a cuddle, now let's go," I said before leaving the classroom, Olivia in tow.

Lauren was fine with me leaving Ellie with her. I explained that Olivia would be with me and not in the lesson. She didn't question, she just accepted it. That was one of the reasons why I liked her so much. Olivia and I walked to the heads office. "Clara? What can I do for you?" Mr Armitage asked. I smiled sadly and stepped aside so he could see Olivia. "Olivia? Are you ok?" he asked and she shook her head in reply.

We told Mr Armitage the story and he got straight into action. We rang the police, who said they'd be over soon. They also said they would look for Olivia's brother, but they couldn't promise anything. It was an antagonising wait, more for Olivia than for us. Her effort in class had dropped, as did her homework standard. Now I see why.

We explained everything to the police. They were really good about it, and didn't push Liv to say things quickly, which is what they are trained to do. They've managed to track down Max, he's with their auntie, which is where Liv will stay until they can find another home for her and her brother.

I walked with Olivia back to her music class when she was ready to go. "Are you ok now?" I asked her before she went in. "I will be. Thanks miss," she said. I smiled, "Anytime," I said before walking into the classroom and collecting Ellie. All the students started getting really excited, so I had to apologise to Lauren who said it was fine.

I took Ellie home and fed her before putting her to bed. I used this time to either get the housework done, or catch up with sleep from the night before. This time, I would be doing some housework as I would go to bed early tonight anyway. For once I felt happy and no stress at all. I could just relax and wait until Lily got home, or Ellie woke up, depending on which came first.

Hey,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. I don't have much to say other than I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading.
Please comment and vote.

Thanks
Erin :)