Chapter 22

Hey,

Thanks for reading. I cannot believe I have had so many reads. It really means a lot.
Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 22 Clara's POV

We didn't have a long wait until our flight was due to board. Danny and I boarded the plane and my thoughts drifted to Lily. I hadn't left her for so long since we got her, I was worried. "Clara, stop worrying about Lily. She's with your parents and will have a great time, don't worry," Danny said when he noticed me so worried. "I know. I just can't help it," I said with a smile.

We boarded our flight and took our seats. We moved the armrest up so I could snuggle into Danny. I tried my hardest to stay awake with Danny, but I didn't do very well. "Get some sleep, love, we've got a long 2 weeks ahead of us," he said. I followed his advice and let sleep take over my body. I was pretty sure he had fallen asleep too.

When we arrived at the airport, it was covered in snow. I guess I hadn't looked at where in Canada we were going. "Danny, where are we?" I asked looking around, still rather sleepy. "Vancouver, we now have a 2 hour transfer until we get to the hotel," he said. We collected our luggage and went outside to find our transfer.

We climbed in and were soon on our way to the hotel. "So, what are we going to do?" I asked trying to get it out of him. "Clara..." He warned. I looked up and gazed into his eyes. "Please," I begged which made him laugh. "Clara, you sound like Lily," he said. I frowned and playfully hit him. "I do not!" I argued back. "Ok, would you really like to know what we are doing?" he asked. My face lit up. "Of course," I squealed. "Well, I have arranged for us to go skiing," he said. I smiled the biggest smile I had ever done. "Who have you spoken to?" I asked. He smiled, "Your dad mainly," he said.

We arrived at the hotel at 8 o'clock Canadian time. My thoughts drifted to Lily as I thought of her waking up in my parents house. Danny and I had something to eat before retiring to bed safely in each other's arms.

I awoke early, so I went into the kitchen and made myself a drink. I sat down on the sofa with my mug of hot chocolate. I sat looking out at the sun that was rising above the mountains. I was miles away I didn't notice Danny come in until he wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned back into him and nuzzled my head into his neck. "Morning handsome," I said. "Morning beautiful," he replied. I put my mug down before turning in his arms so I was facing him. I placed my arms around his neck before reaching up and kissing him.

We had a leisurely morning before going to get our skis in the early afternoon. We decided to take a small trip out on the slopes to see how we were. I hadn't skied for a long time now. I think the last time I came was before my mum died, so I was about 12 maybe. Danny had gone skiing a few years back. I couldn't remember much so I think Danny is more advanced than me.

Surprisingly, I wasn't that bad. I wobbled around slightly and fell over twice, but I managed to get the hang of it again. We stuck to the lower part of the mountain which was the easier runs. This was probably best as I didn't want to push myself too far on the first day.

We decided we had had enough and headed back to the hotel. We logged onto the laptop and decided to see if Lily was still awake. It was before her bedtime so I hoped I would get a chance to see her. "Mummy! Daddy!" she said as she answered the Skype call. "Hey princess," I said, "are you having a good time?" She nodded. "Yeah, can I show you something?" she asked. "Of course darling," Danny replied. Lily ran off to collect what she wanted to show us. "Look, grandma got me a frozen top!" she said excitedly. I smiled. I knew Linda would do something like that. "That's beautiful Lils," Danny said.

We ended the call as Lily had to go to bed and we wanted to get something to eat. We decided to pop out somewhere rather than cooking. We went to a really nice restaurant just across the street from our hotel. We enjoyed a nice meal, with a glass of wine to accompany it, before heading back to the comfort of our hotel room.

Back in the room, we sat down on the sofa and watched TV while we snuggled into each other. I was getting tired pretty quickly and before long I was going to bed. I went into our room and started undressing. I was humming to myself. Seconds later I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around my bare tummy. I smiled and leaned into him before kissing him. We fell asleep safe in each other's arms.

Hey,

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I will try to update as soon as I can.

Thanks
Erin :)