Chapter 31

Hey,

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 31 Clara's POV

The journey wasn't as long as we had first thought, so we arrived slightly early. I turned round to Lily. "Ok princess, are you ready?" I said to her. She looked at me and nodded. I smiled and got out the car. I grabbed Lily's toy bag and she came and held my hand. I smiled and walked to the door with Danny.

He took a deep breath and knocked on the door. We waited a short while until the door was opened. "Rupert?" the woman asked. "It's, er, its Danny," he said shyly. "Oh of course, my mistake," she said. "Mum, this is my wife Clara, and our daughter Lily," he said nervously. "Nice to meet you," she said. "You too," I said shaking her hand.

Danny, Lily and I followed Vanessa inside the house, with Lily still gripping onto my hand. We walked into a room full of people I assumed to be Danny's family. We were introduced to everyone. We met Danny's dad, James, his sister, Maya, and her husband, Harry. Lily met her cousins, Oliver, aged 3, and Freya, 5 months.

For the first half an hour, Danny was explaining his past to his family. Oliver was off playing with his toys, Freya was sitting with her mum, and Lily was cuddled up to me listening to her dad's past. "Lily, why don't you go and find Ollie?" I whispered. I realised his parents called him Ollie so I guessed I would do the same. She shook her head and clung onto me tighter. I gave in and let her stay. "So, how did you two meet?" Maya asked us. Danny looked to me to tell the story. "Oh, well, he was the new maths teacher at the school I teach in. After a few very, very awkward conversations, we agreed to go out for dinner and it went from there I guess," I shrugged. We sat there chatting until Vanessa came in with snacks and drinks for everyone. Ollie came over to talk to Lily. "Hi," he said happily. "Hi Ollie," I said to him. Lily lifted her head from my chest and looked at him. "Hi," she said quietly. "Will you play with me?" he asked Lily. I smiled at Danny when he said this. Lily looked up to me, and I nodded. She jumped off my lap and went to play with Ollie. "She looks like she's settling in alright," Maya said. I smiled, "Yeah, she gets used to things quickly, our Lily," Danny said.

We sat there chatting for a while. Not about anything special, but about everything that had happened. "Would you like to hold your niece?" Maya asked Danny. He looked really scared, but nodded anyway. Maya stood up and passed Freya to Danny. I smiled at the sight of them. Maya stood watching Danny and Freya. "You don't have to be scared, you know. You've done it all before," she said. Danny looked confused. "With Lily?" she said, also confused. I then realised we hadn't told them that Lily was adopted. "No, Lily's Clara's friend's daughter. She died, and because Clara looked after Lily when she was a baby, we took her in and adopted her," Danny said. "Oh, I see, sorry," she said. We shook it off saying she wasn't to know as we didn't tell her. Maya then went out to check on Ollie and Lily, and we were left alone.

While she was gone, Freya started crying. Danny didn't know what to do so I took her off him and stood up calming her down. "Wow," he said simply. "You'll learn," I said looking down at him. I continued to cuddle Freya, until Lily came in. "Mummy, can we see Ollie again soon?" she asked. I smiled, "Lils, we're not going home yet sweetie," I laughed. Lily smiled, "I know but I've had lots of fun," she said. I looked to Danny and smiled. "Have you met your other cousin Freya?" Danny asked. Lily shook her head and came over to me and Freya. "This," I said, "is your cousin Freya. She's only a baby, so you need to be very careful around her, ok?" She nodded and looked to Danny. "Can I hold her?" she asked him. "You'd better go and ask Auntie Maya first," he replied and she ran off to find her. She came back minuets later. "She said yes," was her reply. I sat her down on Danny's lap and passed Freya over to them. It was a sight I couldn't take my eyes off, and I had to take a picture.

A few hours later, after we had eaten dinner, Danny and I decided it was time to leave for the hotel. "We'll be back tomorrow morning, mum," Danny said before leaving. We said goodbye and headed to the car.

Lily fell asleep in the car so I had to carry her into the hotel room. It was nothing special, just a basic hotel. I laid her in her bed and tucked her in before kissing her forehead. I sat on the edge of her bed and watched her sleep. "She had a good day today," Danny said making me jump. "She did, didn't she? It was nice to meet your family," I replied. He smiled, "It was strange, I didn't even know I had a sister," he admitted sadly. "It's alright, you weren't to know," I said. We got ready for bed and went straight to sleep.

Lily woke us up at 6, to which we replied go back to bed. I struggled to get back to sleep. I felt a bit sick, so I had to get up to get a drink of water. I sat back in bed sipping the glass of water. I suddenly felt the urge to be sick so I put the glass down on the side and ran to the bathroom. I must've woken Danny as he came in and held my hair back.

"Are you ok, love?" he asked settling me back in bed. I nodded, "I'll be fine," I assured him. I checked the time, 7 o'clock. Lily began to stir and I knew that this time she wouldn't go back to bed. "Morning princess," I said when she awoke. "Hi mummy, daddy," she said sleepily. "Hey Lils," Danny said giving her a hug. "Can we go and see Ollie today?" she asked him. Danny smiled down at her. "Mummy's not feeling well so we will have to see," he said. "Why is mummy not feeling well?" came her reply. I smiled at her. "I've got a sore tummy," I said simply. Truth is, I didn't know what was wrong but I definitely didn't feel right.

We decided to go round to see Danny's family as we promised them we would pop round. We didn't stay long, only long enough for Lily to play with Ollie and for us to have a conversation. We said our goodbyes and headed off home.

Hey,

Hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for reading.
Please comment and vote.

Thanks
Erin :)