Chapter 5

Hey,

SKIP THIS AUTHORS NOTE IF YOU HAVENT SEEN SATURDAY 1st NOVEMBERS DOCTOR WHO

Ok, I think I got the message out. I know it's a bit late to tell, but DANNY IS NOT DEAD. I know he died in Dark Water, but in my story he doesn't. I don't know what is yet to come for this character but we will soon see! Thanks and enjoy the chapter.

Chapter 5 Clara's POV

The last week of term was busy for everyone. All the students were getting ready to break up for Christmas and the workload slowly ceased. I usually spend Christmas with my dad and linda, but this year, I want to spend it with Danny.

We asked Mr Armitage about the camping trip, to which he agreed to but we are only allowed to take a small amount of students, and I think our agreed number was 10. We were questioning if we should be in 2 teams of 5 and have it as a competition. Personally I liked that idea and thought it would be good fun, but Danny and I needed to talk about it first.

Before we knew it, it was the last day of the autumn term. Due to Christmassy celebrations we only had the first lesson. I had a free period so I spent that time tidying up my classroom. I straightened all the books up on my desk and packed the ones I needed in my rucksack. I would come in on Monday to return the books once they have been marked.

To my surprise, Danny knocked on the door to my classroom. "Danny! What a surprise," I said as he walked in the room. "Well, like you, I had a free period so I thought I would pop over and see you," he said. I smiled, typical Danny. "Anyway," I said, "I need to talk to you about something." He looked at me as if to say continue. "Well, about this camping trip, I say we have two teams and a series of clues which will help us to find our way to the camping site and back home again. What do you think?" I asked waiting for his reply. "Yeah, sounds good," he said. "Are we going to tell people about this?" I asked. "About what?" he replied. "Us, and the engagement," I said and with a smile I glanced down at my ring. "Oh, well, I don't think we need to yet, do you?" he asked. I shook my head, "No," I replied, "right now it will be our little secret."

Before too long, the final bell rang. This could only mean it was the end of the first term at Coal Hill. The staff had organised a celebration in the local pub later on this evening, and I was still undecided. If Danny was going, I would go, but if he wasn't, I would stay at home and do my marking so I don't have to do it over the weekend.

As it turns out, Danny was going to the party, so I decided to go too. I had offered to take him as I knew I wasn't going to have much to drink so he wouldn't be driving while drunk. I said I'd pick him up at 7:45 and right now it had just turned 7. I had to leave at 7:30 so I could be there on time. I decided I would switch the TV on to catch the news.

"A fire broke out in a house in Shoreditch early this afternoon leaving a man critically injured. 30 year old Danny Pink, was found in his home as firefighters put out the blaze, more on this story as it develops," the newsreader said. My heart stopped and I couldn't quite believe it. I immediately made my way down the stairs and drove to the hospital.

Hey,

Sorry it's so short, I wanted to post a chapter as soon as I could. Hope you enjoyed it!
Please vote and comment

Thanks
Erin :)