Chapter 8

Hey,

Thanks for reading. Also, thank you to those who have been voting for my chapters, it means a lot.
Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 8 Danny's POV

Clara. My Clara. This one woman has changed my life for the better. I sat in her living room watching her cook our dinner. It was Christmas Eve and the flat looked very festive. We had a big christmas tree by the window, decorated with lights, tinsel and anything else you could imagine. We had silver chains hanging from the framed pictures and little statues put around the place.

Clara and I ate our dinner on the sofa, which we normally do, but it was especially nice because it was Christmas Eve. After we'd finished, we sat watching the Christmas TV that was on, and the repeated Christmas specials from the year before.

*The next day*

I woke up, feeling the sun on my face. I glanced at my phone, it was 10:30. I turned over to the sleeping beauty next to me and smiled to myself. I decided I would get up and make a cup of coffee to wake myself up. I would have breakfast later, so I wasn't going to bother making anything. I took my coffee and went back to bed. Just as I had got back in, Clara stirred next to me. She turned over and looked at me. "Merry Christmas Clara," I said smiling. "Merry Christmas Danny," she replied giggling. She snuggled closer to me and rested her head on my chest. I winced in pain. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry Danny, I completely forgot," she apologised. "Hey, don't worry about it," I said with a smile. "Does it hurt?" she asked. "A little," I replied honestly. I then realised that Clara hadn't seen my burn. "Do you... do you want to see it?" I asked. I figured if we were getting married we shouldn't keep secrets from each other. "Um, ok, but only if you're sure," she said. I nodded then stood up. Slowly, I pulled my pyjama top up so she could see the burns. She gasped, I guess she didn't realise how bad they were. "They look sore," she said. "I know," I replied, "it is."

We got up out of bed and I made Clara a cup of tea. She had sorted out some pancakes and stuff, so we sat at the table eating. "My dad said him and Linda will come over tomorrow," she said, "and possibly my gran." I smiled, "cool, that sounds good," I say.

We finished up breakfast and then we got ready. It was around 11:30 when we sat down in the sitting room and started opening the small amount of presents that we had. I got Clara another charm for her bracelet that we had been building up over the years, I also got her a photo album of all the pictures we had taken in it. She got me a new shirt, which apparently I really needed, and a cook book so we don't have to keep ordering take-aways.

We ate our Christmas dinner, which is my favourite part, and then sat together watching some christmas TV neither of us really had any interesting. "Danny?" Clara asked. I looked at her, "Yes..." I said suspiciously. She giggled. "Can we start planning the wedding now?" she asked shyly. I shook my head. "Yes, I've been waiting for you to ask!" I said.

We deleted into wedding plans, firstly selecting the colour theme - we decided on white and silver, then we thought about bridesmaids and pageboys, none of which we could decide yet, and then onto other wedding related stuff. By the time we were done, it was nearly dinner time. Clara put all the paper work and books in a neat pile on the table and I got up to prepare dinner.

Hey,

Sorry it's so short. I am going to skip to New Year's Eve in the next chapter as nothing much happens. Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Please comment and vote

Thanks
Erin :)