Chapter 23

Hey,

It has just dawned on me that this story is going to be really long as I have lots planned. Does that bother anyone? I will have to jump to important events to keep the story moving though, otherwise the story will be about 100 chapters long. Anyway, hope you enjoy.

Chapter 23 Clara's POV

We enjoyed a lovely two weeks in Canada but I was starting to miss my little girl, and so was Danny. Our honeymoon was now coming to an end and we would be flying back to England tomorrow. We spent one final night in the hotel before getting up early for our 9 hour flight.

We arrived back in England at 4 o'clock their time and were greeted by my dad, Linda and Lily. "Mummy! Daddy!" Lily said when she saw us emerge from the crowd. She ran over to us and wrapped her arms around us. "Hey princess," Danny said lifting her up. "Hi daddy," she said with a smile. I quickly got my phone out and took a photo of them as I loved seeing them together. Danny passed Lily to me and I hugged her tighter than I ever had before. Danny took a picture of us as well before we walked over to my parents. They took a picture of all of us before we left the airport for home.

In the car Lily was telling us about her time with her grandparents. "Sounds like you had a lovely time," Danny said hugging his daughter. "Were you a good girl for grandma and grandad?" I asked her. "She was wonderful," Linda replied, "no trouble at all. We will happily have her again." I smiled at my daughter, feeling happy that we were reunited again.

We were dropped off home by my parents and immediately we began unpacking, then re packing as we were due to go on our holiday to America in 2 days time. I unpacked my stuff and chucked all that I could into the washing machine before finally sitting down to relax. Lily cuddled up to me and fell asleep in my arms. I was holding her protectively wishing that that moment would never end.

I finished packing all our stuff the day after and asked Lily if she would pack the toys she wanted to bring. Michelle was coming over with her son Jake, who was the same age as Lily, and her daughter Ella who was 2 months old. I had just finished my lunch when the door bell rang. I went to get it with Lily following closely behind me. "Hi Michelle," I said as I opened the door. "Hi Clara, hey Lily," she said as she came in. "Lily, don't be rude, say hello to Michelle please," I said to my daughter. "Hello," she said simply. I sighed and shook my head. "How's school Jake?" I asked him. He smiled, "Good," he replied. He went to the same school as Lily and according to their teachers, they are inseparable.

Michelle and I went into the living room after I made us both a drink. She passed Ella to me and I smiled as she lay happily in my arms. "So," Michelle said, "how was the honeymoon?" I smiled, "Amazing. Danny took me skiing, it was fun but scary," I said. I continued to talk about the honeymoon until I had retold every single part. We moved onto other subjects. "Ella's gorgeous, she really is," I said looking down into the little baby's eyes. "She is, but she's trouble," Michelle replied. I smiled. "Have you and Danny talked about starting a family yet? I know you've got Lily, but will you have children of your own?" she asked. I thought for a moments, "No, I haven't spoken to him yet, although I would love to have children of my own. The sooner the better really, although I need to see what he wants first," I said. Little did I know, he was standing outside the door listening to every word I said.

We said goodbye to Michelle, Jake and Ella, and I took Lily inside for a bath. I bathed her and then took her upstairs to bed as we had an early start the next morning. I went downstairs to the kitchen to make a drink. "So, did you have fun with Michelle?" Danny asked me as he entered the kitchen. "Yeah," I replied, "It was nice to see them. Ella has grown so much since we last saw her, don't you think?" I finished making a drink and followed Danny into the living room where I lay down on the sofa and rested my head on him. "She has grown, I must say. How old is she now?" he asked rubbing my back which sent shivers down my spine. "Two months. I said we would look after the two of them when we get back from America. Michelle and Steve are going out and need a babysitter. Is that ok?" I asked sipping my drink before lying down in my original position. "Of course, it would be nice to have some noise in the house!" Danny joked. I smiled before turning my attention to the news that was on TV.

The next morning I woke everyone at 3 - which I felt really bad about. Our flight was at 9 so we needed to be at the airport fairly early. I carried a sleepy Lily to the car while Danny packed all our luggage. "Are you sure you've got everything?" I asked Danny, and Lily although I don't think she heard me. "Yes, babe, now stop worrying," Danny said pulling out of the drive and we were on our way.

Hey,

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I am sorry that I put like 3 days in one chapter, I need to keep the story moving but I also want fairly long chapters, so thats why.
Please comment and vote.

Thanks
Erin :)