Chapter 19

Hey,

It's finally December! Which means, not long until the Doctor Who christmas special! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Sorry for the time skips, I need to keep the story moving as I have a lot more planned.

Chapter 19 Danny's POV

*3 weeks later*

There was only one week left of school, and a week and a half until the wedding. Lily was getting very excited. She had a calendar up on the wall and was crossing the days until she was going to be a bridesmaid.

Clara was also getting more excited each and everyday, although you could barely tell. I constantly catch her looking down at her ring finger and smiling at the engagement ring that had been there for months now. I had to admit, I was also getting excited. Seeing my family so happy was like a dream come true.

Lessons eased to a halt, and I slowly became more reluctant to give my classes homework, much to their delight. I began sorting out my things in my office, taking down the pictures and packing them into my bag. I took one last look at my office to double check I had everything and headed off to the car where I knew Clara would be waiting for me.

"How was your day?" she asked as we were on our way to pick Lily up from school. "It was alright, I'm struggling to come up with ideas for the classes to do as there's not much point in starting a new topic with only a few days left. Plus, they're not really concentrating so it's hard to teach anyway," I said. I quickly glanced over at her and saw that she was smiling. "Yeah, it's not like in English where you can just let them watch a film for the lesson if they are being difficult," she joked. I laughed at her comment and continued driving. "What about you?" I asked. She smiled, "I did exactly that, let them watch a film. They have been pestering me for months now so I had no choice," she said.

We picked Lily up from school and headed back home. "Mummy, can I go to Alice's house tomorrow?" she asked in the car. "I'm sure you can darling, I will see when we get home," Clara replied. We arrived home within no time. Lily sat at the table with Clara and went through her spellings. Being an English teacher, Clara was very strict on these and wouldn't settle for anything less than full marks. I cooked dinner for them, which is probably for the best as Clara's cooking isn't always perfect, especially if she's had a tough day at work.

The last day of term finally arrived. Clara wasn't working today, and she was staying at home with Lily who finished school the day before. I couldn't stop thinking about them all day, what they were doing and how they were getting on. Eventually, the final bell rang and we were free.

Clara and Lily picked me up from work and we headed out to pizza express to celebrate the end of the year. This wasn't my greatest idea, considering about half the school had decided to come here too, but it was Lily's favourite restaurant so I guess we would have to deal with it. The problem was, no one really knew about Lily so seeing their faces when they saw the three year old clinging onto Clara was quite funny.

Throughout the meal, I spotted several people look over at us and try and work out what was going on between us. "Mummy, why are these people staring at me?" Lily whispered to Clara. "Because darling," she said, "they go to my school and they don't know that you are our little girl." Lily smiled to herself, she seemed happy with the answer. Although, she was a lot like Clara because she didn't like all the attention.

After pizza express, we got back in the car and drove home. Lily fell asleep in the car so I had to carry her upstairs and put her in bed. No one had to be up early for the next 6 weeks, and boy were we glad. I love my job, really I do, but nothing beats spending 6 weeks with your family.

*A week later*

2 days to go. The wedding was fast approaching and the girls were getting more and more excited. Clara would be going to her dads tomorrow so I would be left alone in our house. I knew exactly where we were going on our honeymoon, but Clara had no idea. I liked keeping surprises from her because she always wants to know but doesn't want to know at the same time.

*The next day* Clara's POV

"Lily, time to go sweetie," I said to my daughter who was currently watching TV with her dad, who was fast asleep. "Coming," she called and ran into the hall to put her shoes and coat on. She obviously woke Danny up as he came out to say goodbye. He picked Lily up and gave her a kiss before hugging her. She then picked go her bag and her teddy and waited for me. I walked into Danny's arms. "I will see you tomorrow," he said. I looked up at him, "I'll be the one in white," I replied and walked out to the car, with Lily following behind me.

Hey,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. The next chapter will be the wedding - exciting! Thank you so much for reading, it means a lot.
Please comment and vote!

Thanks
Erin :)