○ Act I | Chapter I

Cigno Fanciulla Act I: Sinfonia Sparza
《Chapter I - A Vision》

It has been three weeks in solitary confinement, and the only thing I've been graced was a bottle of water for every day

I've had dreams of my childhood whenever I'd close my eyes in for the night. How funny. I couldn't seem to retrace happy memories which led me to wonder-

What even is happiness?

Every passing day I was given time to reflect on my actions. Every single passing day I am cooped in this cellar for solitary confinement, I am tormented for I no longer have my honor as their so-called "age of a new beginning."

To be frank, I never asked for this life. I never asked to be their hopes and dreams for a new age of rule in our clan. I did not even like the fact of how they put me under all the rigorous training that our great ancestor Tomoe Gozen had went through in order to be one of the Electro Archon's most prized adeptus.

If I date back to my earliest memory, I remember my tiny hands clasping a practice polearm made out of wood. I could barely speak or stand up right, and I struggled grabbing things with my underdeveloped motor skills as a toddler.

But I could somehow hold the wooden pole, and as a first instinct-

I bonked my father on the head.

Hilarious as it may have seem, I felt like my parents were the proudest for that feat any other toddler would have done at that time. They just thought I was special as they were blinded by prophecies foretold by old times.

"If by the ages come decades of a boy as first-borns - the drought of firstborn daughters shall be resolved by a child of frost, guided by the season of change. For she, who is blessed by the Archon of Benevolence, shall strike upon a new era of power for this age."

Coincidentally, my parents and the whole clan thought I fit the prophecy very well. They named me Yukiko [a child of frost/snow], and I was born in the early budding days of autumn [a season of change]. However, I have never received a vision and it didn't seem to me that the Electro Archon stood for Benevolence.

She was ruthless, and single-minded towards her goal for rising to the heavens.

Nothing of her actions could be counted as benevolent. And if she were, she would have been kind enough to bestow upon me a vision to redeem my name - or at least to help me get away from this place.

Not one more day of torture. I've had enough.

The longest they've imprisoned me in solitary confinement was two full weeks when I couldn't master the 56 stances of our clan's Naginatajutsu in a full week of training. I've even had to endure my first few days back out in practice by being whipped every time I was off my stance just a little bit to the point it could go unnoticed.