□ Act III | Chapter VI

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Chapter VI - Margins of Co-Existence》

"Do you think that we could live in peace, despite our differences, young general?" She asked me, her silhouette traced from the white paper screen. I could never understand why she had such questions for me, yet it told me how much she valued my opinions as she weighed it with her own.

Yesterday's events led to our current circumstances: being hunted after the decree, having bounties on our heads, which made us the priority of seize or capture to the Shogunate Soldiers.

Given the fact that we are now wanted people, it was more laughable to see how unbothered our party of three was - excluding my personal attendant, who had her composed exterior slipping away as it was the first time she had been with such people.

"My apologies, this attendant can only do so much without quivering in fear for her life!" She mutters solemnly, while we kept treading on the path to Higi Village.

Humming to myself, I responded to her apology, "Unlike you, we have been quite used to having our heads over with bounties so this much is fine seeing as it is your first time."

Although I wished for my words to comfort her, she instead let out a tiny shriek with a silent shiver that ran throughout her body as she stood still for a moment.

Her back was straight, almost frozen like a statue's. Even if there were a fair distance between us, I could catch on her ragged breaths, as well as her pacing heartbeats - a clear display of her nerves getting the best of her.

Definitely no good at all.

I took it upon me to calm my attendant, yet also confessing the honest truth, "This is what it means to fight for a cause. Think about the children, and the future of this nation, Asuka." Then, I laid my hand on her shoulder - giving it a light squeeze to remind her that it was alright.

She eases up, and breathes in lightly. "I shall do my best not to slow either of down any longer, for that is what I must." Her eyes no longer shows worry, and instead, they hold in strength within them.

Finally, we got back to a good pace as we continued our journey.

The Traveller and Paimon had already done their part of looking for clues on where the resistance could be. However, the day was catching up to us, which led for us to set towards Higi Village just before night fall.

"According to what we've heard, Higi Village is still safe. But, not many people could stay there longer due to the presence of Nobushi and Kairagi all over the place." The tiny albino pixie emphasized the part of what was the problem.

Any normal person would back out after hearing such warning, but we weren't.

"It's alright. You can leave them to me, and head to the Tomoe Estate with Asuka." I said, preparing my weapon as we were closing in to our destination.

Aether hummed in response, before backing it up with words, "We'll keep Asuka safe so please don't take too long." He pleaded, which spoke louder for his concern over my being.

Nodding quite happily, "I'll be there before the tea runs cold." I said, before quickly progressing forward - charging head strong to clear out Higi Village of the Nobushi and Kairagi.