□ Act III | Chapter IV

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Chapter IV - Snowflake》

"How fragile and delicate you are." The wind whispered to the innocent white, falling onto the ground - watching as the tiny frost flake melts upon the smallest touch of warmth.

After being done with their messenger duties, the outlander and his floating guide have finally gotten themselves a travel permit - one they would be able to utilize more than just the temporary one for escorting a cargo in guise of delivering a message.

Although, if you ask me, it was way too excessive of a request just for a travel permit.

"Is this how you get treated all the time?" The question flowed out of my mouth as we waited for our food to be served.

Aether nodded slowly, a bit disappointed, before presenting me with a lonesome grin, "I wouldn't have been bothered by it back then, but now - I often wonder whether or not they would help me in search of my sister." He confessed, holding the glass of water in his hands.

I turned to look at Paimon, who also had quite the sad face, "Don't worry too much, Aether. We just have the Shirasagi Himegimi to meet later on." She assured, trying to lighten up the atmosphere with her positivity.

For whatever reason, my stomach churned upon the mention of the Shirasagi Himegimi. My mood only seemed to further decline, already anticipating the wave of requests awaiting our arrival. But before that, I should come in clean with the duo.

"I might not be able to help you with the requests of the Shirasagi Himegimi." My voice came out apologetic, truly sorry for this inconvenience.

A hum was heard in response, which led me to take a peek at what kind of expression the blond boy held.

His eyes were soft and kind, yet there was a hint of sadness hidden within them. His eyebrows were eased up, and they appeared to be quite understanding. However, his smile turned even more lonesome than before - as if he were already expecting that I wouldn't be able to stay for longer.

The way his expression was painted on his face made my heart sink. My chest tightened, and for a moment, it was hard to breath.

"I am not abandoning my word to you, Aether." I told him with a sigh. "However, I need to mind my movements here. I can't risk getting caught just yet." I then whispered so that only the three of us could hear.

Just with that, a faint yet evident glimmer in those golden eyes glowed - the expression painted on his face turned into a pretty painting with the warm colors of the sun: bright, brilliant, and cheerful.

"I understand. Then, when can we see you again?" Aether asks, while his companion was already busy munching on her food which had been served just a few minutes ago.

Taking a sip of the house blend tea, I replied, "During the evenings, and early mornings. I'll be fixing stuff so that I can accommodate you to our Tomoe Estate. If I'm lucky, you'll be able to sleep there tonight."

In a blink of an eye, both Paimon and Aether had teary eyes out of joy. Goodness, I thought to myself just how rare was it for people to offer them kindness without asking for much in return?