● Act II | Interlude 01

Cigno Fanciulla Act II: Notte di Luna
《 Interlude - A Tale of a Thousand Years and One Night 》

"Where the roots of certain families stem from the bond of two siblings. Where victory over war was achieved not only by the War Hero, but also with the aid of its shadow."

This is a tale of over a thousand years. Inazuma used to have a land so vast despite being surrounded by sea. Factions and clans were at constant war due to the warring states of this era, which is why the Archon of Eternity took matters in her own hands.

In order to strengthen her forces, and to prepare for war with other nations, she had to raise an army of her own. She scouted far and wide for generals, warriors, and strategists. Then, she happened to stumble upon the humble clan of Tomoe where two females sparred with such ferocity and grace.

It was just as what she had imagined: a pinnacle of duels that harmonized each strike taken and made. Indeed they were of clashing energies, but the duel seemed to be more of a duet that gave each other ample time to bring a new thing to the table.

"Heads up, sister! This is a new technique I've been crafting!" The one who wielded a sword, with her midnight plum colored hair and golden pensive eyes, spoke out to the other.

The other who wieled a naginata, with her jet black hair and silver grey hues, stood guard, "Come forth, sister!"

And thus the scene unfolded. One adept with the sword had cut through the air like lightning - each strike was packed with confidence, power, and precision which appeared to be compared with a flickering candlelight. One adept with the polearm had flowed like water - they were one with their weapon, enabling them to use it as an extension of their body which made the actions look swift and unrestrained.

To the Shogun Baal, she had never seen such beautiful display of fighting compared to the one gracing her sight in the light of day. How lucky was she that the gods of fate blessed her for more than she could ever have asked for! There was no room for hesitation - she had to crown them as her generals.

So, she waited for an opportune moment to strike while the iron was hot. That chance was given the time the two had been done with their spar, finally acknowledging the presence of a spectator they knew far too well.

"My Lord! I am Yuko of the Tomoe Clan, forgive us for our ignorance and negligence!" The female of midnight hair spoke out, her panicked tone and actions defining the type of person she was.

As the other female bowed down in sending apologies as well as greetings, she had a more calm and composed air surrounding her while she said, "I am Yuki of the Tomoe Clan, My Lord. What leads you here to our humble abode?"

By now, the Electro Archon had already known that the two were twins without of them speaking of the matter. Given with how they presented themselves, she assumed that Yuki were the older sibling as she had a more refined aura of maturity. Meanwhile, she could easily see how Yuko were the younger one out of the two with how she had the energy refreshing as the sun - a key quality of younger siblings.

For she, too, had a younger sibling of her own.

Her younger sibling was a male of shorter stature. If you compare the siblings of Raiden, her little brother would be noted as one with quite the temper. He didn't hold as much importance for politics nor the official activities of a Shogun, though ironically enough - he stays in the study, within the confines of the imperial palace, and he maintains the balance of order within the nation.

How could he though? He was the son of a concubine with no noble status, yet he shared the title of Shogun with his half-sister. It was solely because the former Shogun had views that the sun of the nation should be a male in order to assure the prosperity of Inazuma.