○ Act I | Chapter VIII

Cigno Fanciulla Act I: Sinfonia Sparza
《Chapter VIII - A Discovery》

Someone told me that they awoke from the dream, and a revelation it came to be

Someone told me that they awoke from the dream, and a revelation it came to be. You, who wishes to seek the truths of this world, I believe you are curious of how these rocks carry desires, wishes, and stories.

Albedo was fit for his title indeed. Soon as I arrived in the evening of yesterday, he had still been awake at the time. How is it so that a person stays up that late into the night, tirelessly researching about the meteorites. That is how we came to the evening of today, compiling the tracks we've uncovered - the details we have looked into.

"I see why the Acting Grandmaster approved of your service. You are as reliable and efficient as the Knights say. I have yet to test your knowledge and see if you understand my findings without my guide." He announced as he presented to me a journal filled with writing, his samples taken from the fallen rocks, and traces left in the snow that radiated a lower magnitude of energy from the meteorites.

As I peer into the writings of the journal, I recognized the script he used. It was an ancient form of scriptures that dated way back from the origins of Khaenri'ah, the land of advancement and development without the supervision of an Archon. How could he know these? Could he possibly be from that nation?

No. This is not the time for such suspicions. My goal is to prove my worth, and take in as much of the information I can get.

So, I darted my eyes back into the journal where I found details about rocks from the meteorite. They were of tiny fragments, yet they were very dense. It seemed as if the rocks could not stay afloat once they've been broken apart from its main body - the meteorite itself.

Which then led to the traces of energy found in the snow. If I put the findings from the rock, and follow by that hypothesis, these traces of energy are actually the residue left behind after breaking apart.

Here it also wrote, that the residual energy was highly reactive in the sense that it produced waves of energy when used as a catalyst. A small particle of it was enough to generate tons of an unknown type of energy. It looked quite similar to abyssal energy, one that had control time and space.

"My ability in reading Khaenri'ah's scriptures are rusty, but your findings suggest that the meteorites share a similar energy with the ones that the Abyss Order utilizes. What's even more alarming is that it naturally neutralizes other types of energy sources, which could probably explain how it fed off of people's dreams to create a resonance. At least, that is what I could understand." I finished my explanation, and looked over to the blond researcher.

He seemed to contemplate for a while, but then he gave off quite the intimidating look. It seemed as if he were wary, ever so ready to draw his sword. That's when I realized -