□ Act III | Chapter III

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Chapter III - Falling into Places》

Trust, and the naive fickleness of youth - both of which build up the shaky foundations to a relation between individuals. Similar to glass, easily broken; alike to wind, changing courses ever so frequent.

"By proving yourself to us, we didn't mean for you to actually go through everything with us!" The floating pixie exclaimed, visibly surprised on how I stuck to my word despite all of the troublesome deeds that had ticked away on my patience.

Ah, yes. I went with them through all of the requests they needed to be carried out. See, the moment Tohma had found out about the ledgers, he had already left the Traveler in my care.

Although it was not the best, we stayed in for at least one night at the Hiiragi Estate. Not only did allow me to collect my belongings, but it also gave time for Shiinsuuke's daughter to make her request for Aether in exchange of a traveling permit.

Thus, it led us to our current situation:

Having to travel by foot to reach Inazuma City.

And in this process, I recall that this must be the twelfth time we've been ambushed by the Nobushi, and possibly fourth on stumbling upon the Kairagi.

Throughout all of these, I was the one who dealt with most of them as I pressed importance to the Traveler and Paimon's roles of messengers - of how they exhaust themselves, nor be out of their condition.

"Paimon still thinks this is too excessive! Are you not even tired?" She asked, floating closer to check for any injuries.

While she did as she pleased, the Traveler only watched me with worry and guilt. His eyes remained hollow, without a single spark contrasting to how bright they were when Childe had described them.

"It was exhilarating! You should've seen the glimmer in their eyes filled with such a brilliant gold color - they're completely like the finest grade of Cor Lapiz when hit by sunlight." His excitement was heard in his voice, accompanied by that child-like aura.

Childe turns to me with a goofy grin on his face, patting my head as his facial muscles relax in order to produce a soft expression which radiated so much hope.

"Honestly, I wish you'd meet him. Maybe you'll see in him the disciple you've always wanted to teach - not some kid like me, who could only be such a goof." He says, his tone dropping to a lonesome tone.

I shook my head in disapproval, and looked him straight in the eye, "You are a great student, Ajax. I never regretted teaching you."

Remembering that moment in time, it urges me to put in a bit more care on looking at the current state of Aether. After all, Childe does have an eye for talent which I cannot simply deny.

Returning back my attention to what was happening, I looked at the floating guide, "Thank you for worrying about me, Paimon. However, I think it is Aether who needs most of the attention for now." I said, motioning my hand to direct her gaze towards her companion.

At my action, Aether seemed to have snapped out of his thoughts before looking at us with his golden eyes retaining a bit of light in them - compared to the hollow ones of earlier.