□ Act III | Chapter VII

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Chapter VI - Exceptional Resistance》

"The resistance will protect you, and fight for your freedom. If you ever feel lost, then you know who to find." These words were what people clung unto for hope, and inspired them to aspire for a better tomorrow.

After a hearty breakfast, the Traveler and I prepared to go and reach out to the resistance. Meanwhile, I had already set Asuka to be in charge while I am gone. After all, it would be nice to come home later to the estate and do my research once our business with the resistance is done.

Not to mention, it was also my acknowledgement for her good management of them while I was recovering from a fever.

As the Traveler had suggested, we set for the frontlines of the resistance which was known to be Nazuchi Beach instead of the speculated places of where the resistance camp were.

Not bothering to go on foot, we made use of the wave rider to get there faster - of course, as a means of protection against the Tatarigami polluted waters too.

In the span of half an hour, we were able to arrive at Nazuchi beach. However, I felt very nauseous due to how cramped a waverider is, which amplified my motion sickness.

"Oh no! You could've told us, Yukiko! Are you sure you'll be alright?" Paimon asked while giving tiny pats on my back as I recovered from vomiting.

Once I felt better, I nodded to her and Aether, "I can heal myself as we go to the frontlines. We best make haste or we'll waste a lot of time." I told them, still staggering a bit as I stood up.

They turned to me with worried faces, but they understood what was more important as of the moment so we pushed on forward up until we found a man in a resistance uniform being surrounded by the nobushi.

As much as I wanted to fight, Aether came forward and prevented me from doing so, "Please let me do this. You've just been recovering, Yukiko." He said while drawing his sword out, dashing to the enemy and ridding of them with ease.

Paimon, who was beside me all the time, smiled at me as she ushered me to regroup with Aether who has now been introduced to the young man named Teppei.

We shared our introductions, but the moment the man had seemed to take a peek on the Tomoe Clan's Crest - he bowed and kneeled on one knee.

"My Lady! You must come with us to the resistance!" He pleaded with a hopeful tone as he proceeded to explain, "Her Excellency told us of a vision the waters had brought to her, and specifically gave us a task to seek assistance from the frost-born lady bearing the Tomoe Clan's Crest."

"Is that so?" I raised an eyebrow at the statement Teppei had just given, to which he only kept his head low with a confirmation of a hum.

Pondering on what they could have needed my assistance with, I asked, "By assistance, I'm assuming that you want access to my troops and the Tomoe Estate's Archives on war - perhaps, the barracks even?"

A witness to how the soldier had nodded his head, the Traveler looked at me with a worried face. Of course, he knew of the circumstances at the Estate, and he seemed unsure of how much of a responsibility it would be for me to shoulder.

I appreciated it very well.

However, my responsibilities and duties are not mine alone to bear as they are not my people, but of someone else's. Which is why it would be a shared burden between generals alike.