□ Act III | Prologue

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Prologue - Squiffy Lovers》

A rough greeting. The roaring waves. The booming thunder. The tempest. It was near the end of a voyage, and the start of a perilous mission to be fulfilled out of duty - yet who is to say that one cannot find tranquility in between?

As expected, a storm did greet us when we neared the borders of Inazuma. How harsh. Things did seem to grow worse from when we departed years ago. Although, we were able to push through the rowdy waves due to the skillful Balladeer's handling of the electro element, and his charismatic presence as a leader.

"If you have even just a bit of will to live, then obey every single one of my orders!" His voice roared above the crashing waves onto the ship.

People were alarmed, yet they acknowledged his command. Soon enough, there were hydro users whom helped to calm the waters we sailed on. However, there were no people who could wield an anemo vision, and there was only one who had prowess befitting to control the striking lightning.

"Stay back, and just continue following through my orders. If you dare falter, I will personally redirect the lightning towards your body for an instant death!" He warned with an intimidating air of authority stepping forward, while everyone else stepped back.

In the next few moments, his vision glows a ferocious blaze as he is now able to redirect the lightning away from our ship. His stury back turned to us, I wonder why it felt like he was someone strong and reliable - how it felt oh so familiar, yet distant.

"I told you, I'll protect you - and the people as well so please give me strength. Stay by me."

A painful throb greets my head as I watch the events unfold in front of me. The voice I heard definitely came from Scaramouche, but it sounded a bit different - it had a certain depth of emotion. I couldn't point out where it had been off with the usual, yet I was sure of the pain sent to my temples.

Before I could even come back to my senses, I heard a thud which was followed by my vision fading black.

When I awoke, I found myself in my cabin laying on the bed I have been provided. It seems that I was still able to be tended to even amidst all of that chaos.

"For how long are you going to space out with that silly expression on your face?" Making his presence known, I was met with an exhausted man who had his face and body painted into an irritable state.

There he was seated, on the wooden chair by my bed side. He had his back slumped down on his seat, sluggishly adjusting to a comfortable position. His hat was hung on the wall, making me notice the strands of hair which were out of place - seeming to be from the howling winds out on deck.

I could see those calloused hands, and fresh night clothing that replaced his usual attire. He had on a loose night robe made out of Liyue's finest silk, adorned by oriental patterns of bamboo shoots and leaves.

Having breathed in his body's frame, my eyes instinctively directed its gaze towards his face - such a sight could be called a picture unworthy to be erased.