□ Act III | Interlude 01

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Interlude - Yesterday's Record》

"Where Yukiko revels in the past of the Tomoe Clan's Estate, and making amends with a few graves after taking in a new disciple."

"Teach me, please!" The young general's pleas resonated throughout the estate's library, putting the well-intended research of the older female to a halt.

Golden honeycomb irises spare a glance towards the clear cerulean blue hues, sending an intimidating threat with its silence alone.

Ryoko Tomoe felt cold sweat drop at the back of her spine. She swore that she had never felt such presence comparable to the threat that Yukiko Tomoe brought to the table. Yet, she also promised to herself that she would learn directly under her tutelage for the sword.

Expectant was the young general, giving puppy eyes to the swan maiden - one who only sighed out of frustration as she sets the old records written in worn-out scrolls onto the wooden study table of the library.

"Again, you do not meet the prerequisite conditions. Your body will not be able to handle the demands of the Tomoe Disciplines, considering that it is the brutal art of warfare." Her cold and blunt manner of speaking reminded the young Tomoe of the Raiden Shogun, fully realizing that their presences were alike in various ways.

She may not have served longer than a few years for the Electro Archon, but she fully understood that what the Swan Maiden said was merely words of concern - that they were not to discourage her for her faults, but to encourage her to step up and make up for what she lacks.

Which is why, she couldn't help but admire Yukiko despite being charged of treason for reasons she never knew of - nor did the elders.

So, she remains firm as she declares, "I will ask again once you've seen my worth! I definitely will!"

Yukiko raises an eyebrow, yet hums in a pleased manner. Maybe she isn't that dull of a blade after all. She thinks to herself, admiring the determination of the young general.

Looking at the younger Tomoe, however, reminded her of her youth - and of the truth she had learned of.

"There, all set." She said towards the younger female who had dark purple hair resembling the midnight sky.

Yukiko had just finished wrapping the bandages over her opponent's wound - one she caused from her first and finishing strike in the duel. She felt apologetic to the young general, yet she couldn't say it in words.

How could she? After hearing from the elders that they were direct siblings, she felt unsure of how to approach her.

"Were you lonely?" Was all she could muster to ask, considering that they must have gone through the same treatment.

However, the female in front of her shook her head, "I had plenty of time to visit older sister Ayaka, and big brother Tohma to make up for the time that I weren't allowed to be taught by an elder from the clan estate."

"Is that so? Then, who did you learn from?" Yukiko asked out of confusion as it was rare for the Kamisato and Tomoe Clan to get along - well that, and the fact that it meant no one properly guided her to learning the Tomoe Disciplines.

"Oh...I practiced with older sister Ayaka, but her elegant style is just something I can't do." Ryoko responds a bit disheartened, scratching the surface of her cheek as she continues, "Big brother Tohma was right - I am too coarse on the edges."