□ Act III | Chapter V

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Chapter V - Confrontation with Eternity》

"You said she died in the snow - devoured by a beast! How come I am hearing of her again?" Her frustration was evident, lightning striking the heavens - making the winds flurry into a tempest, sending the waves to roar.

Gasping, and profusely sweating - I could feel my whole body as if it were set ablaze into fire, yet the sweat that trickled down my skin was cold as ice. When I came to my senses, that was the moment I realized it was all just a dream.

Yet, why does the unsettling feeling remain?

"My lady, I heard your screams. Are you alright?" My attendant came rushing to my side, a few familiar silhouettes trailing behind her.

Trying to stabilize my breathing, I shook my head with a hand pressed to my temples, "I've had a bad dream, where the Raiden Shogun was angered upon realizing that I still am alive." Confessing what had troubled me, I kept trembling lightly with my ragged breaths.

"It must be because today is the ceremony for the 100th vision claimed for the Vision Hunt Decree. Maybe, older sister had pent-up anxiety for this reason." My younger sister, Ryoko, suggested.

However, with just one look sent at the Traveler's way, he seemed to already have understand why I behaved in such way to the point that he asked for us to be left alone.

My attendant, and my sister protested at first, but when they saw how I wanted to speak with the blond outlander in private - they couldn't do anything else but wait at the dining hall with Paimon in tow.

Now that it was just Aether and I, he handed me a cup of water before asking, "You believe that what you've seen was a vision, don't you?"

The way he let the words slip out of his mouth was calm, gentle, and soothing. His voice must have been a factor to the atmosphere he created, but maybe it was also his selfless and righteous personality.

Would Scaramouche have done the same if he were here instead of Aether?

Would he have heard me out with my worries of my dream being yet another vision - not when the last time I've had this was when we were still so little?

With a heavy heart as these thoughts weighing on my mind, I sighed, "I do, but surely you don't believe me. After all, I might have just been affected by the Sakoku Decree just as Ryoko said."

"I believe you, Yukiko. I trust you." He reassured me, resting his hand atop of mine which were still lightly trembling.

His actions and words uplifted my spirit, as well as causing the tremors of my heart to cease. It was a sort of comfort that could calm one's stormy seas - the affectionate care of a companion it truly is.

He must have cared this much for his sister too.

Letting the corners of my mouth to rise, chuckling, "We should head over to breakfast. We don't want to risk eating Paimon's leftovers now, don't we?" I jest, causing the blond boy to laugh heartily.

"If she even has leftovers, we'd be lucky!" He whined out, before smiling brightly.

Ah, those golden amber eyes do shine brilliantly like the finest grade of Cor Lapiz.

Perhaps, I spoke my mind out loud - or maybe he had read my thoughts for me. Either one should be viable as the reason to how and why Aether had flushed beet red in an instant.