□ Act III | Interlude 04

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Interlude - Joyous Morn》

"Where Yukiko awakes to her people in harmony, where her blades clash with the traveler for a temporary moment as she enjoys the blissful mornings."

Soon as I opened my eyes, I heard footsteps shuffling, and people talking. It was inaudible at first, but soon it came clearer and clearer.

My cheeks felt cold, but I already knew they were mildly damped from tears that I had spent in my sleep while reliving the memories of my past self as the Balladeer had mentioned.

Now, I knew why people have mistaken me as the Raiden Shogun Makoto.

Not only did we bear a bit of similarity in features, but the me of today had radiated the same energy as her. Perhaps, this was her way of telling me that she would always live within me - carrying a piece of her existence in my being as long as I could recall fragments of my memories spent with her.

Unlike my past self though, the tears I've shed weren't out of sadness or pain anymore. Instead, they were of joy and relief.

I was more than glad to have gained answers to the void I had wanted to fill.

The voices were now audible as I could form their words saying that they were to prepare breakfast and a bath as I had already awoken, which meant that I had to get myself presentable in the very least before an attendant comes to see me.

After all, I wouldn't want to be seen in such a vulnerable state. How ironic, I could now understand the sentiments of my former master whenever I would rush into her chambers first thing in the morning.

"My Lady!" The doors busted open, revealing my personal attendant whom hugged me soon as I got up from my bed.

I was still in my undergarments, but seeing how worried Asuka had been for me - I couldn't help but return her embrace, comforting her while giving her the reassurance that I have indeed woken up from my slumber.

As I pull away, she quickly realized how underdressed I was so she immediately handed me a robe I could use to cover myself before heading to the bath.

"You will take a bath first, right, My Lady?" She asked, while assisting me with the robe.

Nodding my head, she opened the sliding door for me, and guided me to where the bath was.

On our walk there, I realized that a few days must have passed as the refugees had fully accustomed themselves in the estate. I could see how they were happily cleaning the halls, how they carried freshly laundered sheets to rooms, and how they were clearly healthier than before.

I could also smell the aroma of freshly cooked breakfast consisting of fish, and soup, while overhearing the idle chatter accompanied by laughter from the staff working at the kitchen and dining room.

Some were telling stories about their childhood mistakes, while others were sharing happy memories of their families before all of this destruction had come to defile their homelands.

It must have been quite bittersweet, but I could now grasp how they could still smile on such memories.

My attention then gained interest from a far off distance, from where I could hear the newly appointed guard of our estate training in the respective hall just further down the path we treaded on.