● Act II | Chapter II

Cigno Fanciulla Act II: Notte di Luna
《 Chapter II - Unsteady Waters 》

Spread the word: The Fatui cannot do harm unto the people of Liyue as the Qixing and the Millelith shall exert utmost efforts to purge evil.

Within the span of three days, we have arrived at Liyue Harbor. We waited for a full day just until Scaramouche's fever had died down. After we've seen that he could at least stand on both of his two feet, Childe and I came to an agreement that it would be best to depart soon as we could.

As we arrived to our destination, I was expecting the guards to be uptight, but the hostility of the Millelith wafting into the atmosphere soon as we set foot on their threshold - that was quite not accounted in for within my expectations. It was far too much to my distaste.

One of them eyed me from head to toe, while I had been accompanied by two harbingers they know of. "Fatui, and there seems to be three of you. Are you all not aware of how you transgressed against our nation?" He asked, pointing their spears at us with the intent of drawing us into a corner.

I took a brief look at my companions, and assessed the situation. Scaramouche was still sick, he couldn't possibly talk his way through this with a level head. On the other hand, Childe is capable but he is the one who carried out the misdeed. Therefore, the only reasonable option would be me.

"Oh, believe me, we are aware. However, I cannot tolerate such behaviour." I speak out, tipping the spear pointed at my throat with the use of my finger.

Pressing it onto the blade a bit further, I could already see the uneasiness of the Millelith who had us in question. How funny. They're so brave crowding us, yet they cannot stomach the sight of blood. And they even have the audacity to call themselves guards of their nation? Pathetic.

"Feathers, we came here just to resume business with Northland Bank - not to start a war." Childe reminded me, to which I only responded with an exasperated sigh.

"Was I speaking my mind again? Forgive me, but these guards disappoint me. How could they even think of protecting Liyue when they cannot stomach the sight of bloodshed?" I mocked the ones who've surrounded us publicly up to the point they shamefully dropped down their weapons, and stood up firmly before sending in their apologies.

Yet, I knew full too well that the apology wasn't directed at us - it was for the person who approached us. Catching the faintest details of their silhouette, I found their appearance to be extravagant: platinum blonde locks, styled into a bun secured with a golden ornament resembling those used by noble families; a healthy figure, dressed with high grade silk and adorned by top-notch handicraft; and an aura of grace, donning confidence and authority that only those in position could hold.

"Apologies for the barbaric display, Lady Ningguang." The Millelith all said in a chorus.

She holds one hand up, her pinky and ring fingers having golden claws which symbolizes her immense wealth, and dismisses the guards in a second by her command. She then turns to face my companions and I. For some reason, she had a need to observe me a for a bit longer compared to the two men I travelled with.

"I recognize you from anywhere by your outfit. You used to go by Fenella around here, but I've heard you now go by Covielle?" She inquired, keeping her attention on me solely.

Seeing as how she knew much, that would have meant that word spread fast. Not wasting any more of her time, "My position mainly is of an informant so rest assured that I will fulfill my duties without causing an uproar like my comrade."