□ Act III | Interlude 03

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《Interlude - One's Worth》

"Where Yukiko is reliving the memories of the Young General Yuki Tomoe, whom resembled the Raiden Shogun Makoto."

"You should rest, My Lord!" I called out to my master, the Raiden Shogun deeply revered by the Nation of Inazuma.

Many spoke of her to be a fragile leader, whom only sought after how to maintain peace. She was soft-hearted, soft-spoken, and kind. These were a few reasons of why the people looked down on her, for they saw them as weaknesses.

Although, I would disagree to that.

It was due to her kindness that me and my sister were able to help our clan. It did not matter to her that we were from a common family, but what mattered most was that she saw a pair of siblings whom displayed the best swordsmanship techniques in her whole life.

Raiden Shogun Makoto was graceful. She was wise and humble, yet she was also carefree. She was bright, and bubbly like the sun - her reign spreading warmth and prosperity throughout the land wherever the light reaches.

"Ah, but if I rest, I would burden Ei too much on her end." She said with a solemn look.

My Lord had always been like this whenever her sister's name was mentioned. Her expression will be painted in with guilt, and the atmosphere surrounding her turns glum.

Truthfully, the Raiden Shogun was frail and ill - she could not possibly go into battle. Therefore, she remained within the Shogunate to handle internal affairs of the Nation.

She had told me that she had an assistant who worked tirelessly hard, that he was named Eiji Ahane, a bastard son of their father born out of an affair with a Shogunate attendant.

While Ei seemed to dislike him, nor have the time to tend to him, Makoto was the one who took the initiative to care for their half-sibling. However, the kid did not like leaving the Shogunate's Library and it worried her to death on how he would have been faring.

My Lord truly is kind.

"As your humble servant, it is my duty to care for your health. Lady Ei would worry tirelessly for your well-being, My Lord." I reminded her, taking away the papers she had already signed.

A helpless smile is drawn on her face as she gazes up at me from where she was seated. Softly she spoke these words, "I'm afraid that Ei is already too hurt about her losses. I cannot leave her just when she is still hurting."

Her statement had me shocked. There was only one implication she had wished to deliver with the way she had worded things out.

Her illness was catching up to her, and she would soon meet her death.

Many had thought that Archons would never perish, and that only through another Archon's blade could they meet their demise. However, if an Archon is deeply rooted to their nation, while being connected to each and every person, they can become ill.

For the Raiden Shogun Makoto, eternity's curse upon her was to be the one who seals away the malice of people into the form of a black miasma. She was also the one to put a seal over the Tatarigami's effects which could harm her citizens.