● Act II | Prologue

Cigno Fanciulla Act II: Notte di Luna
《 Prologue - Reminiscent Waves 》

Together, we forged a contract to have each other's backs. You and I both, are siblings thru bond so I shall treat you as my own kin as you should to me. As Snezhnaya says, "Family First," you could expect that I'll do my best to look out for you.

Snezhnaya, it's been a while since I've stayed here for longer than a span of three days. The last time I resided here for quite a period of time was during my two year training within the Fatui. That is precisely why it brought to me a feeling of nostalgia as I could breathe in more of its beauty rather than just occasional trips to the castle.

"Feathers! Is that you?!" A voice pierces through the crowd, quite unfamiliar yet the name it speaks of could only have one person in mind to utter it.

"Hey, Feathers, over here!" It called once more, marking its location clearer by now.

I turn my head to face the direction it came from. It was to the right, where the front gates of Snezhnaya's local market was located. A crowd was there, notably a few Fatui agents among them. However, there was one mop of ginger hair that caused me dread. I readied myself, recalling the contract established a few years ago.

The closer the figure came, as its silhouette rendered clearer, the more I have solidified on who it was. In a blink of an eye, he now appeared towering in front of me.

How could a kid grow so freakishly tall?

Was all I could think of when I saw that the young boy I trained back in Liyue, had now become such a dashing young man. His features have been well-defined as he lost all of the baby fat I used to pinch his cheeks out of teasing with; his ocean blue eyes have dulled out with a sense of maturity; and his body has definitely grown with the experiences of battle.

"Ajax? Aren't you supposed to be in Liyue?" I asked, baffled as to why he was here.

He chuckles nervously, scratching a finger to his cheek, "About that, I have been relieved from Liyue due to my little stunt with awakening Osial."

I stare at him dumbfounded. He never really fails to surprise me. Yet then again, awakening Osial was no small feat. "Seems like you've caught some of my brains despite inheriting through all of Capitano's Brawns."

"Your words hurt me, Feathers. I still have a mind to be thinking plans through." He says in defense, with a slight pout displayed on his face.

I laugh, "Not enough to see through Signora's scheme."

My comeback had led him to frown, and inevitably change the subject as he invited me to take a stroll around the local market before heading to the Castle together. I told Childe of how I had already been the twelfth of the Harbingers, and how that would make him to be my senior.

His eyes lit up by the mention that he was of seniority to me now. He seemed quite enthusiastic with the thought of teaching me the ropes on how to manage the bank or the troops - only to halt as I stifled a laugh that caused his realization.

"Oh what am I even talking about? You were the one who taught me about these!" He sighed in frustration as we resumed our walk that ended upon arriving at our destination.