□ Act III | Chapter X

Cigno Fanciulla Act III: Armonia Entropica
《 Chapter X - Eternity's Standstill 》

Raging waters have calmed down, and embers of yesterday remain as memoirs of those that had been lost.

Wars may have been quenched, but the people remain.

It was the dawn of a new morning when I had finished helping all of the injured and wounded. During the process of handling treatments, I had already heard of the heroic battle from last night thanks to Paimon's help, who was more than willing to fill me in with the details.

A part of me felt disappointed for not being able to have helped in the fight, but another part acknowledged that it was their fight to battle as I badly needed the time to reconcile the troubles clouding my mind.

Signora was someone whom I failed to protect, yet I was able to at least let her pass away in peace rather than at war for she may have secretly wished to be put at rest after all those years her heart had been grieving.

At least that's one soul given peaceful slumber.

With the war that had just ended, it would be a time for re-arranging the seats of commissioners as it is the best time for the issues be properly addressed by the Shogunate. This would then imply that I had to temporarily replace my cousin, should Ryoko not be appointed as clan head.

That's where my other problem lies: my ties with the Fatui.

It would be blessed if the Lady Tsaritsa let me take over Inazuma as a Snezhnayan Diplomat for over a while just as we try to save face for the land, but perhaps she would be understanding and let me have a break just until I can find someone decent to take my place as clan head of the Tomoe.

Sigh.

"Pardon me, my lady, as you seem to be in distress but the Yashiro Commissioner  asked for an audience with you and the elders." Asuka, my lady-in-waiting, informed me quite apologetically after supposedly hearing my heavy sighs.

I had just gotten home this morning, thinking that it would at least take a few more days before either our clan were to be investigated or for the power of authority to be rearranged.

Nevertheless, I gave a nod to my attendant and asked to be dressed much more decent compared to my currently unseemly appearance straight from the sick bay.

While Asuka took time to fix my hair, she brought up the topic, "My lady, it would be nice if you could sincerely smile. I fear you've been in sinking your feet in the ocean despite the war's end."

Though it would be fitting to reply, I only rested a hand over hers with a gentle squeeze after she was done grooming me up for the aftermath proceedings.

"How about let's not have important people wait any further?" I suggested, standing up as the cue for her to formally escort me to the meeting.

Once we get into the hall where everyone awaits, my gaze immediately landed onto familiar sky blue locks. Only this time, it was of a man's who had about the same frame as Kaeya's.

Perhaps it was that reason why there was a slight twinge to my heart as we locked eyes for a brief moment while exchanging greetings.

"I've heard of you from Ayaka. I look forward to today's proceedings." He said in a business-like tone - one that stirred up foreign feelings from within.

It just felt a bit too familiar as if my heart had been longing for this for a very long time.

"I share the same sentiments, Yashiro Commissioner. Let's deal with this swiftly." My response came out a bit off for my liking, but with the slight chuckle he gave - it led me to think we were on the same page.