Part 60

Author's POV:

"What is it mom?" Taehyung asked. His mom sighed and looked at her husband then back at Tae.

"I don't like this girl." She spoke in dialect so that you won't understand what she said but you understood the teeny bit of what she said. You looked down at your lap and then heard Taehyung scoff.

"Maa, give me one valid reason why you don't like her." He spoke in annoyance. You nudged his thigh a little to calm him.
"First of all, she's not Korean. What was less in our country's girls? There are so many girls who would suit you and your standards-"
"Stop it mom! Standards are nothing to me and I will be with whoever I love, their nationality doesn't matter." He said in a slight angry tone.

"Really Taehyung? You're going to keep that child?" Mrs Kim scoffed.
"Yes. I love Y/n and she is my future. She is carrying my child and we're going to raise that baby together in harmony and love." He held your hand in his. By now, you were in tears. You never wanted him to go against his mom but seeing him stand up for you and this baby, made you emotional.

"Listen to me my child, I'm telling you that you're going to regret this but you still have time to take a decision and abort it. Maybe then I can get you some better girls, you know my friend's dau-"

"Stop it mom! I told you that we've already made a decision and we have decided to have this baby together and nothing is going to change that, not even you." Taehyung stood up angrily, making everyone stand up. His mom glared at you, blaming you inside her head for making her son stand against her for the first time. You couldn't stop your tears.

Mr Kim sent Younha and Jihoon inside and told to take grandma with them. He turned to furious Taehyung and his mother.
"Both of you should calm down!" Mr Kim told them.
"How am I suppose to calm down when she says things like that!?" Taehyung retorted.
"Taehyung-ah, look at her. She is crying when it's not healthy for her!" Taehyung whipped his head to you and saw you sobbing with your face buried in your hands.

He sat down beside you and stroked your back. His anger was fading away but he was now concerned seeing your state.

He lifted your face and cupped it with his hands. The moment you saw his worrisome face, you leaned in his chest. He gladly took you in his arms and patted your back to stop you from crying. Meanwhile, Mr. Kim took his wife with him outside in the backyard.

"Taehyung please don't argue with your mom.." you said in his chest. He sighed "I can't stand anyone saying bad about someone I love."

You parted from him, wiped your tears with both hands and looked at him. Sitting straight, you took his hand in yours and started talking.
"She is your mother, Tae. She must be having some kind of expectations from her daughter in law and I'm totally opposite of what she expected. She's probably just shocked and needs some time to warm up to me."

"Babe, you heard what she said about you and our child-" you cut his sentence off by speaking up.
"I understand Tae! But we should talk about it calmly rather than arguing and creating more issues. Seeing you argue with your mom makes me feel bad. It feels like I'm the one to be blamed." You say trying not to choke on your words.

He hangs his head low knowing that you're right about this. He should've stayed calm but he couldn't stand his mother's words.

"I'm so sorry love! I didn't realise I was hurting you.."
"Don't apologise to me hun. Go and talk to your mom without me there." You said getting up from the couch followed by Taehyung. He nodded at your words.
"I'll go look for mom.." you nodded.
"I'll go and rest in your room.." you said before turning to leave.