Chapter 19👑

"Do you mind telling me why you are here, my Prince?"

Queen Jisoo asked her son who was busy in wiping his sweat after doing his intense sword fight with one of his Kingdom's fighters. Prince Seokjin gulped down the glass of water and wiped his sweat with the drenched towel that was already reeking of his sweat.

He looked aside to see his mother sitting on the audience seat and waiting for him to reply.

"Aren't I allowed to come here? Just because I am married doesn't mean I am an outsider. I was born in this Kingdom, and this will be my Kingdom forever until the day I die, your Majesty."

A soft smile was creeping on Queen Jisoo's face and she stood up from the chair with a light head shake.

"I do agree that this is your kingdom, my Prince. You are allowed to come here any time. But your father and I would be more than happy, had you visited here with your consort and not alone."

It's been almost a month since Prince Seokjin had arrived to Goguryeo Kingdom. In his journey, he didn't find any muggers on his way. And he took rest during nights along the banks of river, and made sure to provide food and shelter for his horse that was helping him in the travel.

It took three days for him to reach here. And he didn't expect that there would be people waiting for his arrival. When he stepped inside, all the people from all around the kingdom where gathered and greeted him with lots of flowers and rose petals on his path.

He was overwhelmed by the welcome of his people and he couldn't control his happy tears. He really missed this place.

"I told you, he is busy." Prince Seokjin said before getting up with his sword and walking to the battle field. His opponent was waiting for him and soon bowed to him before taking their positions.

"Yes, I have heard the same lies for more than fifty times, my Prince."

Prince Seokjin rolled his eyes before swinging his sword and standing in attacking position. His eyes were fixed on his opponent's leg movements, while his ears were listening to Queen Jisoo.

"I have been informed that you have not returned any letters." Queen Jisoo commented while looking at her son tackling his opponent with a sword when the other was close enough to cut his abdomen.

Prince Seokjin closed the distance with sword raised preparing for what appears to be a mighty overhead strike. But he fooled his opponent by changing his overhead attack to a hard kick on the fighter's groin, making the other to groan in pain.

The fighter shook his head and reached his sword beneath Prince Seokjin's legs, who easily jumped up and rolled down in between opponent's legs fast to reach the fighter's back side. Before the opponent could predict the move, Prince Seokjin reached behind and held the other's head firmly with sword under his neck.

Prince Seokjin was having beads of sweat running down his face while his hands were firmly holding the sword under the opponent's neck and he pulled the other's hair towards the bright sky where sun was shining brightly.

"I-I surrender, your Highness."

The opponent raised his hands in defeat while closing his eyes from the strong sunlight that was directly shown on his face.

With a proud smirk, Prince Seokjin removed the sword and pushed his opponent on the ground before dropping his sword on the ground. With final bow to his co-fighter, Prince Seokjin walked to his mother who was feeling proud by seeing her son winning the fight.

"I will soon reply back, your Majesty." Prince Seokjin said before unbuttoning his sleeveless white shirt which was decorated with mud and sweat. The sun light was brightly shining on his abs and there were small scratches from the sword fight.

Prince Jungkook had sent several letters through Lovey in hope that Prince Seokjin would respond to him. But to his luck, Prince Seokjin never once wrote back. He did read every word and felt emotional by seeing his husband writing for him.

But he didn't want to reply back soon. Prince Seokjin was not someone who was easy. if someone wanted him, the other had to earn for it. And Prince Jungkook need to learn his lesson and must realize his mistakes.

Queen Jisoo reached for Prince Seokjin's cheeks before caressing it softly. She knew that there was something going on in between their marriage life.

"Let me remind you, my Prince. I am your mother first then comes the Queen. If you are facing any problem, don't you dare to hide it from me. Got it?" Prince Seokjin felt emotional by hearing his mother's words.

Of course he was not going to say everything. He believed that he could handle the problems in his life, but still he nodded for Queen Jisoo's words.

"You stink with your sweat. Go and shower before you come down for the lunch."

"Yes, your Majesty." With a small bow, Prince Seokjin walked inside the palace with sweat rolling down his body. He rushed to his room and drowned himself in the bath tub with rose petals and had a nice warm bath.

He closed his eyes while leaning his head on the edge of the tub. His mind traveled to his handsome husband Prince Jungkook and his bunny smile.

Although Prince Seokjin seemed to be cold outside, he was missing his husband as much as other did too. He wanted to write lots of letter back to him, but he didn't want to look eager.

He took his time in bath, and reached down the hall to see his family already sitting on the dining table for having lunch. He smiled by seeing Prince Yoongi looking all chubby and cute with food stuffed inside his mouth.

He couldn't help but chuckle by seeing Prince Namjoon feeding his husband like it was the last day on the earth.

"You are going to choke him, my Prince." King Daniel teased his son who rolled his eyes by the mocking tone.

"Let him be, my Lord. You were like that too when I was pregnant." Queen Jisoo smiled making King Daniel to clear his throat and look awkward in the palace.

"Well, Prince Seokjin make yourself a seat." King Daniel changed the conversation and the family started to have their lunch that was served on the table.

"How is Silla Kingdom, my Prince?" Prince Seokjin was was eating dropped his chopsticks before replying to the King Daniel.

"Weird."

"Weird how? Care to explain more, your highness?" Prince Yoongi asked the other who was hesitating to speak the truth or not.

Prince Seokjin looked up to find his family members eagerly waiting for the other to brief more.

"A kingdom with lots of dark secrets."

The King Daniel dropped his chopsticks before looking at his son with a monotone glance which made Prince Seokjin feel shivers running down on his spine.

"We are aware of that, my Prince. And the marriage pact between the two kingdoms were made to stop the war. But let me remind you something.

We didn't accept the wedding just for your happiness but for the citizens of Silla Kingdom too.

A person like you is needed for that Kingdom. I hope you are aware of your role and I expect you to abide by the king's rule.

By King, I meant the future King, Prince Taehyung."

Prince Seokjin nodded firmly and he made sure to remember his father's words. He knew that he was not married to Prince Jungkook just out of love. There were so many hidden reasons behind their marriage. And he was aware of every little things.

He had a responsibility. He had a motive.

And he would make sure to fulfill his duty. He had a job that he would take up in the Silla Kingdom soon.