23

|| I wanted to share this playlist I found while I was writing this chapter, sorry ||

Perhaps there was such a kind of departure in this pitiful world, without a farewell or a hysterical breakdown; even when it came over, unexpectedly, it was so peaceful that you could not feel the sadness once it hit.

It seemed as if a sudden rainstorm appeared on a sunny day, or as if your puppy suddenly ran out in front of a car. In face of that, you could only feel bewildered. You would not feel the sadness right away, it would just slowly and painfully seep into reality.

Sapnap stood in the living room alone, feeling at a loss about how to handle such a situation. His mind was a mess, filled with confusion, sadness and anger. He did not understand why Dream left, and where that man could go by himself. Before Dream left he had this hunch that Dream was not the same as he used to. He just stood there, a feeling of helplessness painfully struck him.

He had never felt so alone and desolated like he did now.

He did not feel like this when he disowned by his family for his love with Dream, or when he was so poor that a bowl of soup was eaten for two meals, or when he had been away from home for a days on end with many kinds of tasks.

But now it hurt so fucking much, because Dream was no longer behind him to give him support.

.・゜゜・

Techno arrived at the rest stop. The farther they went southward, the warmer it got. It was at least already more than ten degrees Celsius warmer than when they left.

Techno suggested that Dream should get out of the car to have a stretch and take a walk. He knew that it was tiring for both driving and riding in the car. He handed the dog's leash to Dream while saying, "Will you walk Floof? He looks a bit more energetic than usual."

Dream did not reply out of stubbornness, but he still took the leash and walked the dog with some hidden vitality and brightness present on his face, which was rare to see. "Why don't you buy one for yourself, since you like dogs so much?" Techno questioned as he followed beside Dream, smiling.

Dream shook his head and replied, "My family doesn't like dogs."

Techno knew that that was not the only reason get could not get one. He was jealous of Sapnap more or less in his heart. For a moment, he did not know what to say.

Techno turned up the heat a little the moment they got in the car. Seeing Dream folding his coat, he could not help but blurt out the thing which he tried so hard to keep in, "...you should just leave him. Dream, I know those kind of men very well." He stopped, thinking of a way to sugar coat it. Then he realized that there was not a way, so he decided to continue, "They always have more than one lover at once, and know how to sweet-talk the one they are particularly interested in. You're not a kid anymore...you should have a plan for your future."

Hearing that, Dream unexpectedly laughed. Not out of malicious sarcasm instead, it was just because those words sounded funny to him. He tilted his head and faced Techno. With his hazel eyes shining, he asked, "Is that what you think I am? Just a side lover kept by him? A piece of trash waiting to be thrown out"

The pinkette frowned slightly, "I'm just afraid that you'll be hurt even more."

Dream looked out of the window, the reflective stripes on the highway twinkling. He frowned and asked, "Doctor, what would you like to know? You needn't guess blindly or simply think what you know is true."

Floof was hungry and worn out after the walk, so he leaned forward towards Dream and Techno through the gap of seats. Dream felt a bit guilty, so he took some dry fruit and fed it to him.