38

Dream did not repulse nor reply to Techno's sudden kiss. His head felt heavy as if drowned. He was not even sure what he was feeling about him, but still, he allowed things to come to this far.

Techno let go of Dream after a moment, caressed his lightly swollen lips with his fingers. "It tastes....sweet," he smiled, "I might be into tarts in the future."

Dream felt a bit tired, he evasively turned away to hug the dog and sunk into the couch.

The doctor said nothing, but grabbed his phone, meaning to ask why the flowers he ordered had not arrived yet. But the moment he picked his phone up, a call came in.

The haunting name of Sapnap appeared on the screen. Techno felt like he wanted to smash the phone onto the ground. But he cooled himself down and decided to answer. Before he did he said to Dream, "I need to go out for this phone call; you lie here for a while." He pointed at his phone.

It kept ringing and the call hung up automatically when Techno got upstairs but it rang again less than ten seconds later. "What do you want?" He asked in a cold tone.

Sapnap sounded calm but furtively happy. "The bone marrow donor has agreed to donate again but he just needs another week."

Techno sneered but his tone reminded the same, as chilling as ice. "That's good... so President Sapnap, could you please call me when everything's ready? It's another week, right?"

Voices came from the other side of the phone after a long pause. "I see..." He said in the helpless and forbearing way as if he was resigned, "I want to say a few words to him."

"You can keep wanting." Techno mocked.

Sapnap did not get upset, but asked somehow imploringly, "Has he been doing well lately?"

"How can he not? No one is torturing him here; no one is breaking his heart here. He wouldn't end up like this if he lived this life earlier."

Sapnap said nothing; he did not try to refute. He could stand this mild mockery in exchange for any bit of information on Dream.

"Today is his birthday... Please keep his company for me; I was there for him on every birthday of his. He would feel bad if no one was there for him."

Sapnap provoked Techno very easily, he turned his anger into laughter. "How thoughtful of you, President Sapnap. What a sophisticated lover you are! But sorry, he ate his birthday cake before noon and he had his birthday present."

But he could not hold his anger down much longer. He had put up with Sapnap for very long. He considered him the cheekiest man he had ever met. He did not cherish Dream when he owned him and threw his true love into the trash can. And here he claimed he was the most faithful man on earth when he lost Dream, he was probably thinking to himself, why can't they get back to what they were after admitting his mistakes, after being willing to make amends? What a prick.

"Are you done now? I'll need to look after him during his afternoon nap and massage his waist. He was tired out after last night." Techno did not intend to provoke Sapnap with this. It was quite vulgar; even he himself despised what he said. But Sapnap never failed to bring out the worst of him.

Sapnap suddenly raised his voice,  trembling in disbelief he stuttered, "Did-did you touch him?!"

"We've been together for a long time. It wasn't the first time last night anyway. It was a normal thing, wasn't it?" Techno sounded calm and smiley. "Do you need me to wish him a happy birthday? If you don't, I'll hang up now."

Sapnap was stunned; the phone slipped out his hand and crashed on to the floor. His legs gave way, leaving him paralyzed sitting on the couch without knowing what he was thinking or doing. He put everything on the coffee table in order almost manically but in the end, he could not help bursting into tears with hands covering his face. He mumbled, "Please... Please don't... Don't touch my Dream..."