Forty-Seven

"I can't tell her!" Chenle exclaims.

"You have to tell her, before she finds out on her own." Renjun replies.

"But I'm scared... "

"I've watched enough k-drama's to know that couples break up over things like this and I don't want you two to break up. Tell her Chenle."

The bedroom door cracks opens as Mrs. Lee pokes her head into the room.

"Chenle, are you almost ready?"

"Y- Yes Mrs. Lee, I'll be out in a minute." Chenle smiles as she closes the door.

"Send her a text or something!" Renjun ushers on the other line.

"I'm sure it'll be fine, bye Renjun!"

"Chenle don't-"

Chenle hangs up, taking a deep breath in before making his way out of the room. He finds Mrs. Lee studio and grabs the hanger with his outfit on it.

Today is a re-do of the princess eliminations that he was supposed to be completed at the ball

Today is a re-do of the princess eliminations that he was supposed to be completed at the ball. Chenle only found out this was happening after waking up this morning, so his girlfriend, Youngie, is still unaware. He's scared to tell her because he has yet to figure out how to avoid being forced to date a princess.

Ms. Choi and Queen Howin decide to let them keep their relationship a secret from everyone else as Howin endlessly searches for ways to allow them to be together while still following the rules.

"Wow Chenle, you look-"

"Great? I know, thank you Mrs. Lee." Chenle sighs.

"You seem upset."

"Yeah, sorry. There's just a lot on my mind."

"Well, I think I know something that'll cheer you up." Mrs. Lee says before leaving the room. About a minute later she comes back in with a person by her side. Mrs. Lee gestures to her as they stand in the door way. "I invited Youngie!"

Chenle gasp in fear. "Youngie!"

"Chenle?" She questions in a sad voice.

"Oh," Mrs. Lee quickly realizes the negative emotions in the air. "Should I have not... I'll leave you two alone." She walks out the room.

Chenle approaches Youngie, closing the door after Mrs. Lee is gone, then turning back to face her.

"Lele why are you all dressed up, and why is everyone talking about princesses?"

"Youngie I'm so sorry. There's another princess trial today.  I wanted to tell you, I did but-"

"Oh, it's okay. I know you can't really get out of this stuff." She gives a smile but Chenle could tell it was insincere. "I'm sure you'll do great."

"Again, I'm sorry. I really don't want to, but I promise the second it's over... " Chenle takes a step closer to Youngie.

She smiles as she wraps her arms around his back, pulling him into a hug. She slightly lessens her grip and stares up towards him.

Chenle looks down and settles one of his hands on her neck, leaning in for a kiss.

Right before he could, someone bust open the door. The couple break before they could be seen embracing each other.

The man who walked in, the guy in charge of the trials, doesn't acknowledge Youngie. He just grabs Chenle's arm and drags him out of the room.

Chenle connects his hand with Youngie's, trying his best to hold on until he's fully out of the room and Youngie is fully out of reach. Their hands break, Chenle sadly looking back at her as the tips of their fingers slip away from one another.

Chenle enters the Throne Room, the most bored look on his face.

He glances at what is supposed to be the five remaining princesses and notices something.

"Jiyun isn't here... "

Peng perks up and glances at the princesses too. He grins as the doors close and Jiyun stays nowhere to be found.