Three

"Completely and utterly irresponsible! You can't even comprehend the consequences that come with.."

Chenle's head fell backwards, bored from the endless lecture he was currently receiving from his father.

They were both in Chenle's room, Chenle sitting on his couch as his dad stood above him. Jeno was right, King Peng is extremely angered by Chenle trying to skipping dinner and acting improper. Chenle just ignores his father as he stares to the left of him. He was looking at the balcony that stood right outside his room, the big black doors open wide, letting cold drift in from the outdoors. He just wanted to go out and admire the view of the village below, yet he was stuck with his fathers nagging.

 He just wanted to go out and admire the view of the village below, yet he was stuck with his fathers nagging

(Chenle's room)

(Chenle's room)

(The Balcony)

"Are you even listening to me?" His dad shouts.

"No...not really... " Chenle says with his mouth agape, somewhat unaware to the words leaving his mouth because he was stuck in a daydream.

"You are so ungrateful! You were born into a family of riches and comfort, yet you want to play "ball" with the peasants?" King Peng scolds.

Chenle hated when his dad called the village folk peasants. When Jeno and his mom first started working in the castle, his father always called them peasants.

"Hey dad, is that Guang saying he's finally ready to start training to rule over the kingdom!" Chenle gasp, pointing to his door.

"Wait, where?" King Peng replies, turning around to try to find his oldest son. Chenle didn't pay much attention to his father, but if there one thing he knew, he knew his dad could not wait for the day either him or his brother became king.

"I think he went to his room!" Chenle shouts.

Chenle's dad rushes towards the exit and the second he is out of the room, Chenle closes and locks the door.

He sighs in relief as he plops down on his bed. He begins to run his fingers through his soft, dark brown hair and then looks out towards his balcony.

He gets up and steps outside to admire the village and the star coating the night sky.

"I want to be with them." Chenle admits to himself. He longed to have fun around the town instead of sitting in a castle and acting kosher all day. "Even if just for one day."

He turns around due to hearing his phone ring from across the room.

Baro yeogi everyday
(Stay with me eonjedeun malhae)
We're the best friends what can I say
(Stay with me eodideun galge)
Gaja geogi everyday
(Stay with me eodiro gallae)
We're the best friends what can I say
(Stay with me gidaryeo galge)

- Best Friend by NCT Dream

Chenle quickly runs across the room, grabbing his phone and diving onto his bed. Serotonin filling his body as he awaits the boy on the other line.

"Chenle?"

"HELLO JISUNG!"

"Ah, my ears... " Jisung whines.

"How are doing? How's the kingdom?" Chenle ask his closest friend. Chenle and Jisung have been best friends for the longest time. Jisung was also born into royalty as the prince of his own village, and awhile back, both of their parent met up in order to form an alliance between the two kingdoms. Both their parent brought them along and let the two run around freely. Jisung decided to show Chenle all his favorite parts of his village and they've been friends ever since.

"It's boring over here." Jisung groans. "How about you?"

"I just snuck out of a royal dinner to play basketball with Jeno." Chenle brags.

"You're going to get into serious trouble one day." Jisung sighs.

"Yup, but not today!"