❕Cornelia Street: part 4 ❌✖

[VERY IMPORTANT AN:

I can't decide how to end this (Cornelia Street). Do y'all want a happy ending? Or should we make the gays suffer more?...

So yeah, please lemme know the votes/comments for the ending you want is needed for me to continue. Thanks.]

Taylor pov

I looked at the street while Ben stayed still at the red light. "Left here? Cornelia Street?" He asked and I inhaled a shaky breath. "Yes please." I pointed at the parking closest to your house.

When Ben parked I hooked a shaky finger in the door handle. "Want me to come with you?" He asked and I shook my head. "No. I need to do this alone." I said and he nodded.

"Good luck." He said but I sat in the car for another five minutes before finally getting out.

I walked to your house looking into the window seeing you in the kitchen waving your hands as you spoke to yourself. I smiled amused recalling how you would always strike up a conversation by yourself out of nowhere.

I inhaled deeply knocking on the door. I suddenly panicked and was about to walk away when the door opened.

You smiled at me but by the way, it fell when you saw me made it clear you were expecting someone else. It hurt how your eyes no longer shined with the shared memories we had when you looked at me.

"What are you doing here?" You asked crossing your arms over your chest and that's when I saw the bottle of tequila in your hand. "Uh." I looked at the bottle concerned. You had fallen into a bad habit a few years ago but I helped you break it, doesn't seem like it was an old habit anymore.

The way you stood with your arms crossed over your chest hurt because I knew you did that when you felt you had to keep your guard up. It was obvious you no longer felt safe and at ease around me.

It cut me to the bone knowing I was the reason for the look of hurt on your face. I so badly wanted to hug and kiss you, apologise for everything and tell you how much I love you but I don't want to hurt Austin so I wouldn't do that.

Or at least try not to.

"I came to see you." I gestured at you still silently eyeing the bottle trying to see how much you had drunk from it. "Okay, you saw. Bye." You went to close the door but I quickly stuck my foot in the door.

"Listen please." I tried pushing the door open so you leaned against it making it harder. "No." You tried closing the door but I pushed it open with ease. I knew you were trying to avoid me but I had to speak with you.

"Look, I know I offended you," I said but you just looked at me in disbelief. "Offended?" You scoffed causing me to raise a brow.

"Taylor you broke me." You said standing close behind the door while I stood still in the doorframe. I never meant or wanted to. I fucked up big time.

"I'm sorry. I really am." I said and again you glared at me. "Sorry that you ran or sorry or that you were too much of a coward to tell me to my face?"

I was the one who left and I regretted it more than anything because I knew you would've stayed with me through thick and thin, you would be the one to stay. I was to blame but deep down I knew you would blame yourself for me leaving. "Both." I almost whispered.

"Goodbye." You leaned against the wall and tried to close the door again making me internally groan. "Seriously?" I pushed the door wide enough for me to step inside then let go causing you to stumble and slam the door shut.