Chapter 1-2 (Side- Fantasy)

My eyes slowly dart open and I can immediately feel that something is wrong. For one, even though I've trained my body to wake up at a certain time, my alarm always goes off without fail. Not to mention my curtains are also set to automatically open when my alarm goes off as well, the sun meant to wake me if my body and alarm do not. I'd chalk it off as waking up early, but my body is also feeling...off. "What in the hell is going on here..?"

I decide to continue laying down and pretending to be asleep for a few minutes. I listen closely for any voices or footsteps, yet I don't hear a thing. I decide to open my eyes to survey my surroundings after I've confirmed that there's no one else nearby. With a simple glance, I can tell this isn't my bedroom nor my home. I don't see any cameras, nor do I sense any magical presence nearby, so I sit up and take in my new surroundings.

Kidnapping is one of the first things that comes to mind, but I immediately cross it off. "What kind of kidnapper would put me in a comfortable studio apartment?" The layout of the apartment is almost exactly the same as my bedroom, but the decor and tech are all different. "Have I been teleported to a lesser technologically developed country..?" I think to myself before standing up and investigating every inch of the small apartment. I don't find any traps, current technology, or magic spells lying in wait to catch me off guard.

My next thought as I look into the mirror is that I might've been sent back in time, which is entirely plausible. After all, I used to have pale skin and was this skinny a couple of years ago. I decided to scrap that idea as well however. Despite the lack of technology in the apartment and the state of my body, I don't look any younger. I just look as if I had never been through battle or physical training.

"So, if I haven't been transported through time, teleported to a different country, nor have I been kidnapped, then what on earth is going on here?" I spot an odd looking device on the bedside drawer and decide to pick it up to inspect it. "Ah, this is one of those small tablets I always heard about as a kid! Let's see..."

I press the only button on the upper right side and the device lights up, telling me the time and date on screen. "It matches, so that further confirms this isn't time travel..." I mutter as I swipe up on the screen to unlock it. Even though there's no holographic features, at least it still unlocks via facial recognition. The fact that my face does unlock the handheld tablet is a bit startling however. "I've never seen or even touched one of these things in my entire life, so how is my facial recognition in it..?"

I shrug off the thought and explore all of the applications on the gadget's touch screen. I explore for about ten minutes, hoping to find some sort of clue, but all that's on this thing are some outdated games, old looking social media, and other applications that seem to just take up space. I decided to check one more appliance on this "IPhone X" as the settings called it before thinking of giving up; the contacts.

I tap on the green icon with the universal sign for a phone etched into it and the contacts list is on full display. The contacts list is almost completely empty except for one name. The contact reads "Riku Fumiya". But that can't possibly be right, because I'm Riku Fumiya. Whether I was kidnapped or not, I start to get agitated thinking someone is toying with me. Therefore, I open up the contact and send a text message: "Who is this?" Since I don't receive a copy of the same message back, it's apparent this isn't just a copy of this phone's contact information.

I'm about to send another message, but I finally receive a response after about 30 seconds. "I'm Riku Fumiya. Who is this?"

I narrow my eyes with slight annoyance and send another message with lightning speed. "If you're messing with me, it's not funny. If you think I'm some kind of joke, I'll send you to the edge of the afterlife. Tell me who the hell you are, or else."