Chapter 32-2

"Starting backwards huh...so that makes him...what? The lowest ranked here? The weakest?" Riku thinks to himself after Kei has introduced himself.

Seeing Riku's confusion, Artemis answers his thoughts, using her intuition to guess what he might be thinking about. "The ten people sitting before you; the unfamiliar faces, these are the ten strongest people within the resistance and the highest ranking officials among it. Everyone sitting at this table are the people who run the resistance as a whole. These ten, are the Ten Teikoki of the resistance.."

Riku takes a second to process that information, quickly noting that he should show everyone in the room some respect, even if he doesn't fully trust them all. "If what you're saying is true, you're also putting a lot of faith in a stranger. Revealing all these important members to me, their names, their powers...risky business to commit even if I look like your guys' old leader."

"First and foremost, you are not a stranger, you're my friend. And I trust you." Artemis states as a matter of fact, looking right into Riku's eyes as she speaks. "And, this meeting isn't only for you, but for the members here that don't fully trust you themselves. After all, a lookalike of our former leader who just so happens to share the same name as him? Everyone's a bit suspicious, just like I was. When they see the real you though, when they've watched what you can do, I know they'll feel the same way I do."

Riku doesn't say anything, quite stunned after Artemis' proud speech and the warm smile that follows. "If you two are done with your display, may I finish my introduction?" Kei asks with an obvious hint of annoyance in his voice.

"Yes, you're more than welcome to continue now, Kei. Unless there's anything else you'd like to add, Riku?" Artemis cocks an eyebrow in his direction. Riku simply gives Kei a nod and gives him his full attention.

"Very well." Kei tugs at his robes lightly. Kei's robes are almost fully white with bright blue and golden outlines and designs, not too different from the standard uniform. At least, not upon first glance. When Riku gets a closer look at the symbol marked on the robes around Kei's chest, Riku's eyes widen slightly. "I've only just joined the resistance fairly recently, but I've proven myself in martial combat and several other tests and quests to show that I am worthy of this position. My main role at the moment is just remaining a strong ally until I claim my rightful place on that throne."

"That symbol...you're of nobility. Here in..." Riku is in slight awe, quite shocked that they have such a person amongst their ranks.

"Yes, I am the former prince of Zourdor, and soon to be its king. As I said, I'm going to regain my former place on that throne, but that is a conversation we can have later. Right now, there's nine others that need to be introduced and work I'm sure they all need to be doing. Since I was once the prince, I have eyes and ears all over the kingdom, as well as people who are willing to help us inside and out of the resistance. That is my role here in the tenth seat of the Teikoki." Kei explains without missing a single beat.

Riku has plenty of questions, but chooses not to interrupt. Instead, he directs his attention to the person sitting across from Kei, who's already looking back at Riku with interest. "My turn then? Alright." He giggles softly, Riku getting a bit of an uncomfortable feeling from the man sitting there.

Riku tries to focus on him, but he finds himself looking down at the young man sitting beside Artemis, straight down from where the supposed "ninth" Teikoki is sitting. Sorey looks back at Riku and gives him an awkward, but kind smile, mouthing the words, "Pay attention". "If this keeps going in the same back and forth pattern, that would make Sorey..." Riku recalls the presence he gave off last night, a feeling Riku couldn't get out of his mind. "To think you had such powerful allies, Fantasy... Just what the hell happened to you..?"