Chapter 43-2

Though Riku is able to break out of Sumira's telekinetic hold with a burst of aura, she can just as easily trap him in place again without moving a muscle. Try as he might, Riku can't even get close to her. Even when he "teleports", he's just grabbed by her telekinesis power once more. "This is getting really annoying..." Riku grumbles as he breaks free once more.

"Tell me about it. I'm not even giving it my all just yet." Sumira says with a playful smile, trapping him once again with her mind and tossing him with her mind.

"Alright, you want me to make you try..?!" Riku's eyes glow as he gets frustrated. It's then that he remembers; he doesn't have to move either to control his magic power. "I don't have much practice with this...it's so much easier to use my magic when sending it through my body. But I don't have a choice right now." Riku's aura explodes, but this time he doesn't break the telekinetic hold on him.

Sumira cocks an eyebrow, her own eyes glowing as she uses her telekinesis power. However, she's quick to realize what he's doing. Several spheres of his magic form out of thin air around his body, his eyes locked onto Sumira. Sumira tries to throw him into the ground, swinging her arm down to add some extra force. Unfortunately, just before she can pull it off, Riku not only breaks free, but fires each orb at her rapidly, in a machine gun type fashion.

"Sorry, but it won't be that easy." Sumira aims her gunblade and lights it up with electrokinesis. Rather than short circuiting the weapon's technology, it seems to actually enhance it. She pulls the trigger and fires quite the beam of energy from it, easily breaking through Riku's rapid fire attack.

Riku gathers magic power into his blades as quickly as he can, for there's no way he can avoid the beam or "teleport" away with how quickly it flies for him. He gets less than a millisecond to swing his blades, groaning and shouting as he feels his arms start burning from the clashing of the two powers. With a loud battle cry, Riku is just barely able to deflect the beam, panting heavily as his arms steam.

Sumira doesn't give him even a second, holding out both of her arms and trapping Riku in a much greater telekinetic hold. Riku grunts, feeling as if a giant is squeezing his entire body. In the next instant, his body flies into the ground, slamming into it. Riku tries to break free, but her hold is much stronger now, a quick burst of magic power isn't going to cut it. He tries to focus on gathering magic power, but she slams him into the ground repeatedly, breaking his focus every time.

Suddenly, the assault suddenly stops. Riku floats in the air, still being held, and he immediately starts gathering magic power within. Unfortunately, his relief is short lived, for his body flies straight toward Sumira and she grabs his throat. While looking into his eyes she uses her electrokinesis to shock Riku rather heavily.

Riku screams out in pain, his body convulsing. The shocks are ten times worse than what Chiyako's barrier had felt like. "I think it's safe to say you aren't ready to take my level yet, much less talk about taking the previous leader's role."

Riku coughs and gasps as she stops, twitching for a moment before he speaks. "Don't tell me...my words about him actually...made you mad..?" Riku looks into her eyes. Though her expression is blank, he can feel a hint of animosity there. Of course, she was trained by him personally. Talking about beating up his alternate in front of her probably wasn't the brightest idea.

However, it gives him an idea. "Do you think that's all it's going to take... I am going to overcome Fumiya. Just as I'm going to overcome you and everyone else in the resistance... And then I'm going to kick his ass for lying to my face and refusing to tell me anything."

Sumira narrows her gaze. "I suggest you watch your tongue. I was giving you a more gentle punishment for your threat before. Don't make me change my mind."