Chapter 29-2

A flash of white light can be seen before the lower levels of the Apollo building rumble. A massive explosion turns the throne room into a room of ash and rubble, not even a hint of what kind of room it used to be being left behind. It's a wonder the room hasn't completely crumbled away, though that seems to be because of the young man that caused the immense amount of destruction as well. The top half of Riku's uniform has almost completely burned away, leaving his torso covered in rags at this point. He pants, looking in Kenji's direction to see his barrier just barely standing still, though it crumbles away as Kenji falls face first onto the ground beside Yujita.

"Please tell me...it's fuckin' over already..." Kenji can barely keep his eyes open, his chin pressed against the ground as he tries to look up.

"I really...really hope so..." Yujita coughs up a bit of blood, unable to even open his eyes with how weak his body has become from using up all of his magic.

"I gave it everything I have..." Riku speaks between heavy breaths. "I had to use some of my magic to keep the area from falling apart...but there's no way in hell he's still standing after that..."

"And how confident are you in that statement, Riku Fumiya..?" All three boys quickly tense up, and Riku just barely ducks out of the way as an anti-magic ribbon stabs itself into his body, knocking him off his feet and pinning him to the wall.

Kenji and Yujita carouse Riku's name in dismay. As the smoke cloud fully clears, a bloody and bruised Hiroshi stands before the three of them. The ribbon comes from the remaining aura wrapped around his hand, the rest having been blown away by Riku's attack.

"I can't believe I've been forced into a corner like this... No one has ever pushed me so far as to lose control over my own power. Honestly, I'm quite...furious." He twists his arm and the ribbon in Riku's chest does the same, making him groan in pain.

"Stop it!" Kenji howls with rage, trying to get up, but to no avail.

He glances back at Yujita and Kenji, clicking his tongue in disappointment. "And to think I had faith in you pieces of filth. Not only did you, Kenji, fail to hold back Riku, but you lost to Yujita of all people. Then, you betrayed me? The one who took you in?"

Kenji glares at Hiroshi, gritting his teeth in rage. "We both know who really took me in and cared for me when I was all alone... Don't you dare try to take credit for the things he did just because your harsh training just happened to help me control my ability. You're human garbage, and if I had realized the mind tricks you were playing on me back then, I would've killed you myself the second I got the chance!"

Hiroshi frowns, shaking his head. "I could shed a tear. You were like a son to me. I'm ashamed to have named you as my number one student."

"And Yujita..?" Riku mutters, grabbing the ribbon that impales him weakly. Hiroshi glances forward, cocking an eyebrow. "Yujita...don't you dare insult him. It's because of him that you're in the state you're in. I'm sure you saw and felt everything." Hiroshi narrows his eyes in annoyance, but doesn't say anything. "You treat my brother so highly...but those that don't measure up are garbage to you..?" Riku glares at Hiroshi coldly. "Well, Yujita, Kenji, and every other student in this building are all far superior to you in every way. Don't you dare look down on them." Riku spits some blood from his lips in disgust on Hiroshi's ribbon.

"Well, if that's the case, then I guess that means you don't measure up, huh Riku Fumiya?" Hiroshi raises him from the wall and holds him up in the air, making him grunt in pain once again. "Yes, I know what I'll do. I'll brainwash these two again into being good little students. I'll beat them into submission if I have to. And you?" He chuckles darkly, his gaze void of emotion when he looks at Riku. "You're going to die here, Fumiya."