Chapter 33-2

Kei is fast, thrusting his blade at Riku without giving him much time to react. Kei's weapon is more like a rapier than a sword; a thin blade that is light and easy to swing around. Not to mention the energy encasing it's is so fine it'd be hard to tell it was even there if not for its blue glow.

Thankfully, Riku's experience allows him to react quickly, bringing up both of his blades to defend and then swinging them upwards to push Kei's blade away from him. Whilst Kei's arm is suspended in the air, Riku thrusts one of his blades forward, but Kei spins out of the way, avoiding injury. "So, he does have some skill. Seems Artemis wasn't lying when she spoke of how well he did in his training with her."

"I matched Artemis in our sparring sessions without magic, you'd better not take me lightly!" Riku shouts as he thrusts his other blade forward.

"Oh please." Kei brings his blade down, guarding his back despite the blade of his sword being so thin. "If Artemis ever went all out, you'd be flat on the ground in seconds. I've no doubt you have skill, but you've never matched Artemis' true skill. She's our leader for a reason." Kei knocks Riku's blade away and rapidly thrusts his weapon, moving at high speeds even without the use of any kind of magic.

"Holy crap..!" Riku is quickly put on the defensive, having to duck and dodge here and there as he isn't able to block each of Kei's thrusts. "I don't need to be on her level to beat you..!" Riku grunts as he swings both of his blades inward, hard, the moment he sees a small opening.

However, Kei ducks out of the way and thrusts his hilt up into Riku's stomach. Riku coughs as the air leaves his lungs, but holds his ground. Just as Kei goes to continue his assault, Riku retracts his blades, holds his hands together, and strikes the top of Kei's head with his fists.

Now Kei is the one reeling, and he quickly kicks Riku away before he has a chance to try anything else. Kei jumps back a few times and shakes his head, quickly regaining his composure. "You certainly hit hard, that's for certain..."

Riku snickers as he swipes his arms, making his blades pop out of their sockets once more. "I work out."

"Hmph." Kei scoffs and dashes forward once again. Riku moves just as quickly this time though, matching Kei's speed. Even though Kei thrusts his blade just as quickly as his last assault, Riku swings his blades just as fast to block and parry each thrust. Unfortunately, he isn't able to get any swings in himself. The two swing hard, faster, doing their best to overcome the other, until finally...

Kei is the first to break. He drops to the ground, slamming his palm against the ground and the floorboard underneath Riku suddenly glows. "Wha-" Riku's eyes widen as a plank of wood rises out of the ground and slams into his chin. He quickly teleports back, holding his chin and rubbing it. "What the hell was that..?!"

"It was my power. Want to see it again?" Kei asks as he quickly creates yet another wooden plank underneath Riku. Riku reacts quickly this time however, quickly encasing his blade in his magic energy and slicing the plank in half. He then turns the deleted plank into energy for himself, absorbing it through his body. "Ah, so this is the editor power I've heard so much about."

"And you're just a copy and paste. No originality whatsoever!" Riku grumbles as he retakes his stance. "So clearly, this guy can copy anything he sees in any length he desires. I'm guessing it can't be any longer than the actual object itself, so it's not like he can just create a massive version of his sword."

"I had this blade especially made for myself, so I do have some originality under my belt. For instance-" Kei swipes his sword to the right and about a dozen more of the same blade form around him, but they're all holographic, and a ghostly blue color. "Neat, wouldn't you agree?" Kei smiles coyly.